3D Printing and CAD Design.

I enjoy printing, painting, and designing 3D models. What have y’all designed or painted? Let’s share ideas and make even more wonderful projects and works of art.

5 Likes

Niche topics in tech a great, I’ve got myself a 3D printer but still haven’t dialed it in. I should get back into freeCAD and design some stuff but I don’t need and PCB housings at the moment lol

6 Likes

I love finding free objects to print and paint you should try. It would be a great way to warm up your creative side. Also, I like designing a concept and using free objects to bring it to life. What printer do you have?

6 Likes

I have yet to take the plunge and get a 3d printer, but the one I’ve been watching is slowly coming down in price.

I do paint figurines that others have printed, along with factory box ones. This one is up next on my list.

It’s a Book Wyrm.

13 Likes

I just have a bog standard ender 3 pro lol

6 Likes

I cannot do art to save my life in any form, not just painting, but things like cosplay etc. Why I am in awe of everyone that does this.

6 Likes

awe, its just a ton of practice and trial and error tbh

7 Likes

I agree with you. @RiasRoryScarlet just keep performing and learn from what you did. And you will improve with anything.

6 Likes

Here is my interpretation of the Lavender Town Pokemon Castle dice tower. I was designing and brainstorming with a college friend.

8 Likes

Here are a few more shots of its progression.

7 Likes

That’s cool I use an ELEGOO Mars 1 it is a nice and the first Mars model in the line. It’s a resin printer and gives off great detail.

7 Likes

I used my toybox Printer to print this little Shiba Inu :grin::grin::grin:

7 Likes

That is totally awesome. What a popular dog :dog2:

6 Likes

I’m going to work on a project this week and have something new to show. Any ideas guy?

6 Likes

I’m thinking of making a @Liz figure :thinking:

4 Likes

I have seen speed runs of printing. Did no TikTok have those I will take a look.

6 Likes

Kyaa! I would be so happy to see that, @HeptaPsyche ! -Liz🌸
Girl Blushing GIF

5 Likes

Which 3D printers do you recommend on a budget? I totally want one, and I hope to get one once I have an open terrace to get the fumes out.

6 Likes

Aww Shiba Inu there, a little cute dog from Japan

6 Likes

@Asuna I first time came to know about him because of Shiba Inu Crypto :smiley:

6 Likes