Anime Dub Voice Actors

That moment when you start recognizing voice actors from one anime to the next…

It happened last night when I was watching Boku No Hero Academia and I heard Shota Aizawa (Eraser Head).

Wow, he sounds a lot like Loid Forger (Twighlight) from Spy X Family.

Yup. One and the same. Alex Organ.

Then today I was watching UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie. Kazuto Tokino sounded real familiar. Yup. From Heaven’s Lost Property, he voiced Tomoki Sakurai.

For those of you watching subbed, is it the same with the Japanese talent?

4 Likes

I had the same realization but with different animes about 15 years ago. My first finding was Vic Mignona w/ Full Metal Alchemist and D. N. Angel, second VA was Johnny Yong Bosch w/ Bleach, Trigun, and Wolf’s Rain. But my favorite transition from year 2008 to 2019 was Aaron Daismuke w/ Full Metal Alchemist to Dr. Stone.

4 Likes

Aizawa’s voiced by Chris Wehkamp. Loid Forger is voiced by Alex Organ.

4 Likes

Shot I never it happened when I was watching dorohedoro. That’s when I realized it with other anime. Of course this was when I watched dubbed anime.

3 Likes

I know this isn’t Anime related but, as a Gamer, I am a big fan of Troy Baker. ^^
I couldn’t believe Joel from the ‘Last of Us’ and Nathan Drake’s Brother were performed by the same actor! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Episodes 1-13 were Alex Organ.

3 Likes
4 Likes

And your link specifies episodes 14+.

I’m still in e 1-13, where it is Alex.

3 Likes

Okay, fine. You were right.

3 Likes

Year feel it happens a lot for me too in dub like
Zoro from one piece
Piccolo from dragon ball
Can’t remember his name but him form fairy tall I am a real man. Is something that he says all the time and they have the same voice😅

4 Likes

welcome @MrWeeb

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @MrWeeb

5 Likes

thank you so much all of you :blush:

need to try to be a part of the fun in her :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @MrWeeb

4 Likes

After I finished Final Fantasy XIII-2, I messaged Jason Marsden on Twitter that I enjoyed it and asked if I could send him the game and guide for an autograph. He sent it back with his (Noel Kreiss), Ali Hillis (Lightning), Liam O’Brien (Caius), and what I thought was Laura Bailey’s autographs.

A little later, Troy Baker is at AwesomeCon in D.C. I’m gonna add him to the collection. I get up there and he goes “Dude, I already signed this!” What I thought was an “LB” turned out to be a “TB”! So he refunded me and took a picture to tell Laura I was looking forward to seeing her in D.C. eventually.

He is a terrific guy to meet.

6 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Big fan os Steve Blum, had so many memorable roles, and he was born to voice Spike.

5 Likes

The Last Of Us Yes GIF by PlayStation

3 Likes

I think this show is gonna be horrible.

3 Likes