Best Anime Soundtrack?

I’ve been listening to LOTS of Anime Soundtracks since the late 90s. Here is a short list of my top favs:

-The Vision of Escaflowne - Yoko Kanno & Hajime Mizoguchi
-Studio Ghibli movies - Joe Hisaishi :notes:
-Saint Seiya - Seiji Yokoyama

What about you? Always happy to discover great music! :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Uhhhh that’s a good question!
Personally my top 3 favourites are:

• Attack on Titan all the one by Samuel Kim
  • Bleach all the soundtrack from Shiro sagisu
  • 86, that show had some amazing soundtracks

I’ve got to add as an extra for me Madoka Magica has some great soundtracks!!

6 Likes

Going to have the check these out. I love the Ghost in the Shell: SAC soundtrack (and the new SAC_2045), and Aldnoah Zero.

6 Likes

I like opening theme from Digimon adventures season 1.
Sweet memories from the childhood :star_struck:

7 Likes

Naruto - Yasuharu Takanashi music.

5 Likes

I like almost every anime song I listen to lol…

But… if the OST involves Kalafina or Hiroyuki Sawano I’ll probably be addicted to it for a while…

Honorable Mention to Anna Tsuchiya (Nana /RE movie) and L’arc~en~Ciel that were part of my childhood

6 Likes

Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen have amazing soundtracks. I still go back from time to time and listen to them :notes:

7 Likes

Easy creepy nuts both op and ed songs for Call of the night

7 Likes

The most memorable OST for me, and the ones which I still listen to today are:

• Cowboy Bebop
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Evangelion
8 Likes

The evangelion opening still gives me chills

9 Likes

SAME! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

OMG yes, that’s an old time favorite, such a throwback full of joy :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Absolute banger that song!!

5 Likes

This might give you a good laugh! Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Lost 4Kids Opening (Full) - YouTube

5 Likes

I totally agree. The best thing I’ve heard in anime

5 Likes

My favorite tracks from anime are the Evangelion OP, and the L’s theme from Death Note. For sure there are many more songs that just have sunk into my soul, such as the Pokemon OP or Bloody Stream (Jojo), but to the first two I listen on a regular basis

5 Likes

Cowboy Bebop, hands down

6 Likes

Death Note had such spectacular OPs and EDs, specially the second season, the creative gimnastics must have been over the roof! I dont know what they took, but I want some of that!

8 Likes

Yeah, the second OP is… uh… well… Someday my brother said it was the first anime OP he was skipping. However, the anime itself stays awesome as hell

5 Likes

If we go adding openings I have to add JoJo’s then, they did not miss a shot with any of the openings and I’ve got to say the pillar man soundtrack is an absolute vibe

5 Likes