Collectors: What are your holy grails?

What are the figures you dream of finding some day? The ones you would not let go if you ever get to find them? For the ones that DID find them, what’s your story?

I have a few from the top of my head, but I guess the most important for me right now would be Real Action Heroes Dio with The World statue, either the regular version or the orange suit with cape version. The regular version is more attainable but the exclusive version is going for crazy amounts of money. If anything I would love to find one in person and be able to check for any issues (since its an old figure and RAH have fragile joints, at least that’s what I heard).

I just love the character so much and it’s the best action figure iteration of him so far. The medicos versions have weird joints and they are too small scale wise when compared to similarly scaled figures (considering that Dio should have an imposing height).

4 Likes

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - Miia (Di molto bene)

The figure ranges used these days around $600 up to $1500 I’ve seen. I just find it very hard to part with that much money for a second hand figure, especially since she originally was priced at $200. This figure was released in 2017, well before I got back into anime and into figure collecting in general.

My other Holy Grail, I eventually got, which was the Rachnera GK, pictured here, along with The Otaku Box Suu and Miia figures, which I am very thankful Liz had made for the box!

8 Likes

That Rachnera figure is damn impressive.

3 Likes

Rachnera Arachnera is one of my favorite figures! It’s too powerful! :muscle:

3 Likes

Wow, $1500 is really too much…

3 Likes

@Zoysite13 I love your Rachnera man! It looks very premium and it scales well with your TOB figures, I’d say it was a worthy investment!

3 Likes

That Miia is goals, honestly, but I also can’t justify that much for a figure, maybe when I’m done with school, as a treat lol.

3 Likes

She’s running $700 to over $1k. Maybe this year’s Xmas bonus will pick her up for me. I can wait another year to get my Indian Scout motorcycle. Waifu 1st!

5 Likes

I can imagine how big the Rachnera is when she is beside Suu and Miia figures, so impressive! :star_struck:

3 Likes

That’s a great rendition of Miia. I couldn’t afford it. Rather have a roof over my head.

5 Likes

Nothing is too expensive for a true collector. I speak from experience. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Otaku Yeah, I think the most I have paid for a figure so far was $600 and when I started I would have never imagined paying that amount for a figure, but then again, sometimes you just want to have it and you feel you deserve it for your hard work, I’d say go for it!

4 Likes

yeah, but sometimes it’s hard to justify such a large purchase. Especially when it’s was over original MSRP, like the Miia figure. I used that lesson to make sure I never miss out on another Monster Girl figure I want ever again, lol. Thats why I was able to pre-order and get both my Shiraori Arachne from “So I’m a Spider, so what?”, and my Saphentite Neikes figure from “Monster Girl Doctor”.

I just got lucky with the Rachnera GK, as it got a second run and I was able to jump at it. Took over a year to get though due to it being a GK (Garage Kit) that was professionally made and painted, unlike most GK’s where they are basically DYI models which I have no skill for.

Speaking of which, I ordered a GK of that Miia figure last year as well and it should be arriving any day now. Slow shipping process. If I can’t afford the original, I might as well get a decently put together copy. ( I also got a Suu GK coming soon as well hopefully ).

3 Likes

UPDATE

My Miia GK actually arrived this morning!!!

Like I said, it’s not the original “Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - Miia (Di molto bene)” but a GK (Garage Kit) based on the same figure. Professionally put together and painted by “Gathering” i bought from e2046. Same company who made my Rachnera GK.

Pic Related: I plan on unboxing it soon, but man I’m getting backed up on figures to unbox and display.

3 Likes

I love that Rachnera!!!

4 Likes

I just got Miia in today, sure it’s not the original scale figure but its a damn good Garage Kit copy of that figure. I put her next to my Rachnera.

6 Likes

@Zoysite13 Very beautiful! Could you provide some detail pics?

4 Likes

I posted them in the “show off your figure collection!” thread, but I seen you posted there as well.

3 Likes

I think it depends. Could I afford a 600 dollar figure? I mean objectively, given I don’t have children besides my cats, probably. But then I think it’s over half my mortgage payment and I’m like uuuuuuuugh

3 Likes

I have way too many collections to post and I am proud of it

One of my best pieces though is my DnD collection

4 Likes