Have you ever been trolled or cyber bullied?

Like the title of the topic says, have you ever had bad experiences being trolled or cyber bullied? If so, how did you deal with it?

5 Likes

Maybe when I played gta v with cheaters. But even there you have the opportunity to leave the session, as in most games\internet places, so I can’t say I’ve ever suffered from cyberbullying. And I myself don’t see the point in bullying anyone, this is a rather sad occupation

5 Likes

I played WoW for 10 years… That is all I need to say. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I, personally, have not been trolled or cyberbullied, but I have had to deal with PLENTY of idiots on the internet. :unamused:

5 Likes

Not trolled or bullied, but I had to assert dominance a few times :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Insults and mocking I had to deal with online came from friends of my friends actually :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

My friends learned not to introduce me to more than one or two people at a time because I’m not easy to get along with​:person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

4 Likes

You poor poor soul. Lol. I’ve heard the war stories.

5 Likes

They called me Noob many times… That is biggest insult for a gamer… :rage: :rage:

5 Likes

I’ve been playing WOW since the Vanilla days. So, yeah. I’ve got thick skin. I just move on.

6 Likes

It’s completely “normal” these days, especially in gaming… not sure why people have a need to do that but again, when I hear my children… good lord… They did not learn does stuff from me…

5 Likes

Yeahh I fit in the vanilla wow category lol just kinda let it go at the end of the day im just out to have fun but as for trolling I mean from friends its normal lol

5 Likes

After a game with their friends… I ask… Do you still talk to each other… lol… and they are like… yes, this is normal :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Of course lol its just how we operate to long of friendships to not lol

5 Likes

Oh I was bullied and trolled many times over the internet and in the outside world for my faith, appearance, and many other reasons. It bothered me more when I was younger until Dad taught me to fight back physically and verbally (I later learned Psychology that helped also.) When I got older I it still happened but then I learned that none of it matters because the people who were doing the bullying and trolling were hypocrites and the lowest possible form of life so they were neither worth my time or effort to listen to. If I were to offer any advice to consider it would be that you should always remember that whatever people call you or however, you are treated, you should never take it because it is most likely B.S. so you should just go on doing your own thing inspite of it as that will most likely lead you to your best possible outcome. Good Luck

6 Likes

Nicely said mnanashi! I think the sooner one realizes to be oneself without worrying about what other people think, the better it will be for the person. I would say it took a long time for me to get there and I wish I learnt that sooner.

5 Likes

I unfortunately think it is a sign of the times that folks are not realizing this because instead of growing up with the thought to fight and push forward with faith in a higher force and the instilled belief that they are more clear cut, important and special than they realize therefore when people treat them harshly they just give up and start down a dark path (Many lives have been cut off way too young because they do not realize their value and fall victim to the lies.)

You are right to say it does take a long time I would say longer now because family connections, teacher and mentor connections are not really the greatest now. But I also think that starting with people like those here on the boards and even those elsewhere who have had that experience can help those going through it now (Just like a Super Hero or even a villain :slight_smile: in an Anime.)

7 Likes

Vanilla WoW was pretty difficult at that time, no guides, no youtube clips to watch…

5 Likes

absolutely;

Almost every game that I played online through has always been one or a group of people that have been difficult to deal with. Sometimes I will say mean things back other times a block. Also, if I am in an alliance or a clan, that’s an automatic black listing.

I got bullied thru school when I was a teenager and the military kind of change things a little bit… you have to remember these keyboard warriors. Lord only knows what’s going through their mind or what they’ve been through hence, depending on the situation, I try to find out why.

In certain video games, I am hated. (it’s simply because I kill people …a lot of people) and sometimes players get a little upset.

we may not have control over most famous for the one thing we do have is control over our actions and our words. So what foot do you wanna put forward?

4 Likes

I can’t say that I have. I mean I’ve been called names but I can dish it back. I’m not a argumentative person but when you cross a line I have to say something.

3 Likes

@AppleV I get your point about getting hated, people hate loosing, specially when it happens often. I am guilty of that as well, so before playing with someone I know might kick my ass I try and condition myself to not take it seriously and accept that it’s ok if I loose.

@somwhere I completely understand. We all have limits, no matter how much shit we can take.

4 Likes

Yeah we do. Everyone is different. The military made me more thick skinned, so it’s easier for me to brush things off and just ignore it all. But it’s also gave me the great ability to punch back with great verbal judo, lol.

4 Likes