Honkai: Star Rail

Oh nice, I might be able to do some catching up this coming up weekend. Hopefully, they get to do the PS4 version soon, i don’t mind mobile, but have more control of the control. :man_shrugging:t4::video_game:

6 Likes

My buddie jus found out that u can bluetooth sync ps controller to some phones, not sure if itll work for games yet tho hasnt informed me as of yet

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard it works. Actually, I’m using a controller with my phone, but not the PS4 one, however, they both work on Bluetooth, so I believe the principle is the same. I connect the PS4 controller to my PC actually, since I’m playing Star Rail on PC. My phone isn’t that great to not overheat in seconds haha

6 Likes

Hmm, I see. Actually, the system is such: there are two banners, one is the standard, and the second is the limited event one. Each of them has separate pity counters, for example, the event wish has a chance of 50% to drop not Seele, but someone from the standard banner, and if so, then only the second 5* will be guaranteed Seele. So if the ice dude dropped for you from the standard banner, and Seele from the event banner, then you still got lucky to win the 50/50, as both banners have separate counters. Also, there are two ice dudes, which one have you got? Gepard or Yanqing?

5 Likes

Yea i got the 1st one and then seele

5 Likes

Yo Gepard is pretty dope. At least better than Yanqing IMO. It’s just I got Yanqing and applied the same effort in upgrading him that I put in Serval, but Serval (being a multiple-target 4* damager) doing more damage to a single target than Yanqing (who is a single-target 5* damager). While Gepard can compensate for the absence of the second healer. Natasha is a great healer, but later in Honkai’s Abyss analog, there two teams of four characters are needed, thus I need two healers or some serious shield buffer like Gepard. It’s strange actually that currently there are only two healers in the game, and one of them is a five-star character…

5 Likes

Btw got yesterday to profile level 40 and the next world level. Just as I assumed, don’t use your fuel till level 40!!! Just don’t… There is a lot of stuff to farm after level 40, and all the things you’ve gained before won’t mean much. If you won’t use the fuel, then by level 40 you’ll have approx. 30 fuel items, which become very useful when farming good 5* artifacts
Item_Fuel

6 Likes

It’s day 15, I’m level 45 and there is no content to do. Literally. All the chests, all the quests, all the virtual worlds, and even the 15 abyss levels, even the daily puzzles and emptied shops. Anyway, I really enjoyed the game. Waiting for the next update, farming artifacts

6 Likes

I’ll definitely give this a try. I like playing it but I rather console.

And got this one, in one of those 50/50:

6 Likes

Nice! I got her too, one of the most appealing 4* characters currently imo. Btw today is the second banner, she will have a higher chance to drop

6 Likes

Nice! I’ll have to retry sometime tonight when I’m in a freestyle mode Lol. Although, I’m digging the game, it’s different. I haven’t played Honkai Impact, so unsure if they are alike.

Currently at work, resolving a chaos unlike other :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Honkai Impact is, actually, a game with a different genre, somewhat of an adventure fighting. Plus Honkai Star Rail takes place in a different, alternative reality, so the games share only the appearance of some characters and some universe-building concepts, thus it’s not necessary to know much about Honkai Impact. I took a brief look at the game story as my brother is a huge fan of the game, but I myself didn’t play it tho

6 Likes

Hmm :thinking: I see, that’s very handy to know. I appreciate the explanation on both of the games genre and dynamics.
I’ve been itching to play Honkai Impact, but because it’s mobile only and I’ve vested a lot of time and some $$ into Genshin, it faded.
Took a break from FFVII, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Ghost of Tsushima.

6 Likes

Yeah, about this… I’ve been playing since release each day and spent big amounts in Genshin so it’s hard to stop playing it, but last weeks I’m just doing the daily quests and that’s it. I hope it will catch my interest again this summer when Fontaine will come out

7 Likes

It is a pretty strange experience occurring now, as the only things I still can do in the game require more powerful team comps, and I need lots of artifacts and talent materials, but feeling restricted in trailblazer power as never, not being able to get any neat artifacts both from domains and the simulated universe. I’m approaching level 50 where I’ll need just tons of materials to farm in order to power up my characters, and it will take literally weeks, only because I can farm a day like… 3-4 times. I never felt this restricted in Genshin tho, even if there is 160 (not 180 like in Honkai) energy

5 Likes

I feel restricted all the time with both games Lol … well, I’m barely getting the hang of Star Rail and Genshin Impact, I just discovered through FAQs and videos that you need to upgrade all artifacts and something else, like power-ups, to make the characters stronger. Yeah, eye opener for me, no wonder I spent too much time farming and resource collection. :man_facepalming:t4:

8 Likes

Yeah, can’t wait on Fontaine either. That’s usually a reset and freebies, so much needed.

7 Likes

I feel you, i spent alot of time farming jist due to the fact the game has given me almost every character that guves buffa be neglects to give me some attacker ultimates so i power leveled everyone

7 Likes

I can’t get past 40-60 range with most of my characters. Some require to beat monsters that take up all my cooked foods, it’s frustrating :man_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

I was actually surprised to meet people not knowing about talent and stuff, it’s I’m just of this kind that inspects every centimeter of the interface in any game. Now I understand that it is not that obvious

6 Likes