Music is life

Old metal head here.

My music experience starts with Metalica, Megadeath and GNR. Then came Grunch and deep dive into Death/Thrash/Gothic Metal (Sepultura, Pantera… etc). These days… well, almost everything I find interesting, from Tool (always on my list), some good old Metal and Rock, up to Asian, African, or whatever music I find interesting.

9 Likes

My whole childhood my parents were listening to the Eagles and Scorpions, and I kinda liked the music, so now I’m listening to rock also because I feel nostalgic. Also a long time ago I found Buckethead music and it saved my everyday mood. However, now lots of ambient and stuff like modern phonk came to my playlist because some days I’m not turning off Spotify in the background at all and something needs to be played all along

4 Likes

I can literally listen to anything now as long as it’s a good gig. The only thing I can’t stand is this new wave… not even sure what it is… rap, crap, or whatever. “I got a new car, now I’ll spend some money on bla bla”… just don’t get it… lol… I don’t want to offend anyone who does listen, but not something I can enjoy.

6 Likes

I’m with you there! The big 4 of metal are always on my list (Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Slayer). Did you manage to snag tickets to the Metallica tour this year? I snagged 6 pairs to take the family this August at SoFi Stadium!

3 Likes

I haven’t been to a concert for… huh… 12-13 years… kids, house building, work… and to be honest last time I was, I didn’t enjoy it as I used to. I do plan on reactivating in the next few years as things are different now. I need to catch some of these old bands a few more times before they start hitting the highway or stairway.

4 Likes

That was my mentality a few years ago and the wife and i try to make a show at least once every 2 years. Gotta see our favorite music legends before they’re gone, you know.

Hope you get to catch a show someone soon!

3 Likes

I hope so too… just need to get myself into that position… I’m close to clearing things up…

3 Likes

One for you

5 Likes

These days… TOOL - The Pot (Audio) - YouTube

4 Likes

So I listen alot Of chill/lo-fi, reggae, and punk. As far as metal I listen to it just not as much as I use too, the reggae and lo-fi counteract the punk and keeps my chi aligned lol. But boy of boy back in the day
Anti flag
Circle jerks
Black flag
Marylin Manson
69 eyes
Korn
That’s just a few. Sorry guys I wasn’t into the whole metal thing like Metallica and death leopard. Lol. I mean I know some songs but I’m not playing it in the truck.

3 Likes

aaaaa… Marylin… Korn - One of the best concerts I’ve been.

3 Likes

Haha screeching weasels! Cool kids was my go to. You ever listen to NoFx?

3 Likes

I like Baby Metal. You should listen to Band Maid. Some of their tracks are great!

4 Likes

Your playlist sounds like mine.

3 Likes

You ever try Hollywood Undead?

4 Likes

Hollywood Undead sells CDs.

2 Likes

Became a metal head in my early 20s. Grew up with rap fans but I always liked metal more than any other music

4 Likes

Ahh ok. Yeah I don’t really listen to much if at all nowadays. I used to listen to like more underground stuf like atmospher and swollen memeber, brother Ali and so on.

3 Likes

Baby metal is awesome

3 Likes

I just found them the other day….frocking awesome.

3 Likes