Oshi No Ko

A rising hit, indeed. I watched the first episode (an hour and a half) and was very impressed. This anime is still coming out, so I’m thinking of making a thread so that if someone wants to share their impressions, then they would have somewhere to do it.
Has anyone started watching yet? What do you think?

9 Likes

I’m glad more and more underrated mangas get the recognition they deserve. Still waiting for Dog Ningen tho

5 Likes

Just imagine Dog Ningen showcased like that:

6 Likes

This is a great manga and I’m glad that the show is doing it justice. I can’t wait to see how the show will animate some of the my favorite panels from the manga!

4 Likes

I didn’t think I would like it so much >w< :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

I was completely taken off guard by the event that happened in the end of the first episode. I’m having a bit of a family crisis myself, and this just hit too hard…

7 Likes

Yeah, that was something harsh, I’m still thinking about it. I mean, I never heard of the manga and didn’t expect this. The anime itself is a mix of down-to-earth things and of how much gray the reality could be, that’s the thing that impressed me. Maybe I am just tired of generic anime

6 Likes

Just got done watching the first 2 episodes was pleasantly surprised how good it is so far. I stayed away at first just becuasei saw it look like an idol show but glad i took chance with it.

4 Likes

It’s waaaay more than an idol show. It definitely has more of a mystery type vibe with entertainment district elements. I’m loving it so far. Based on what we’ve seen, I’ve been speculating. That’s what makes the show so good!

4 Likes

I really appreciated the twist when started watching it expecting an idol anime but getting some harsh mystery life drama detective

4 Likes

I read the first volume in English (the language here) on a whim and it got to me a lot more than I ever thought it would. So much so, that instead of waiting for the other volumes to come out here, I just imported up to volume 6 in French because I don’t want to wait. I’m waiting on the anime a little longer but I plan to get to it soon too.

5 Likes

That’s dedication. Actually, I do understand this, altho I didn’t read the manga, but the anime is such good that I believe the manga simply can’t be bad. It’s both serious and fun, but most importantly - it’s interesting and intriguing, sharing a non-trivial look at the world in the form of an entertaining story

5 Likes

Based on the premise, I thought it would be an Idol-centered comedy. Something lighthearted. I couldn’t have possibly been more wrong. That went from 0 to 60 in 3.5.

4 Likes

Yeah, true. And I must say it’s awesome! I’m just glad I didn’t start watching the first episode with my family :grinning:

4 Likes

This show is certainly generating a lot of hype. I haven’t watched it yet as I am more of a comedy/slice-of-life dork. The overall reviews have been quite good, however, so I might need to give it a looksee.

4 Likes

It has a lot of comedy lines, I laughed pretty much watching it. But the main plot and especially the first episode give the viewer know that it is about harsh reality. It’s on pause now, and the first 11 episodes are out, finishing the first arch of the idol theme. I assume the next one will be about the actor’s workflow. So that’s a good time to check it out, I really appreciated the drawing style

3 Likes

Just found this thread… AI is a goddess and I hate that they killed her off right when I was getting excited thinking there was gonna be a really nice character ark then dead , Chapter 10 in the manga and ep1 in the Anime wtf it broke my heart.

5 Likes