PC and console problems

Its not a bad call, just make sure you plug them in correctly, check at best buy you might be able to get them cheaper before ya go the zon way unless they are on sale via zon then grab em

3 Likes

yeah im pretty sure i had everything plugged in right,. only thing i didnt plug in was some wire that said “no fan speed reading” all the videos and even the instructions dont even have the wire plugged in

3 Likes

Yeahh thats a whole Bios thing lol thats internal stuff that is better handled in-person. Grab them corsairs

2 Likes

thanks for the help man. i allready did the amazon refund stuff as we were chatting.

3 Likes

Im good for other things shocking lol

3 Likes

Sounds like a problem my friend was having not too long ago. We tried the majority of troubleshooting issues and we had to conclude it was a faulty product. Those are the worst and I hope you get your money back if you plan on returning.

Either that or call Microsoft Tech support at their toll free 1-800 line and give them your CC info.

4 Likes

yeah its all good im not giving it any more mind. ill keep what i got or ill go get the ique fans

2 Likes

hahah

handshake GIF

3 Likes

So I got this malware and I don’t know how to get rid of it does anyone have any advice? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

If there’s a way to stop service for this dubious software from Safe Mode, then you might have a shot at removing it.
You can also try from the command prompt or power shell, but it’s highly tricky with the latter.

5 Likes

Do you have Malwarebytes on your PC? That’s what I run.

3 Likes

Nah I’m just joking with the whole malware thing, although I do run Malwarebytes premium if I do download any suspicious applications onto my device. Either that or run it in VirusTotal to check for any malicious signatures or activities.

One thing I never understood though about this game is the crazy memory usage it takes. I’ve seen it spike up to 65 gigs which nearly crashes the game. I guess that’s what happens when you have 99 modded character cards of the same character in the session.

3 Likes

I’ve been using Webroot for years, very lightweight and does a good job. Haven’t had malware or virus issues since I started using it in 2011.

3 Likes

Glad you have had good experiences with Webroot. I have heard mostly positive reviews for Webroot. I don’t know if BestBuy still does this but they used to incorporate Webroot into a newly purchased windows desktops. My parents wanted me to help them purchase a desktop a few years ago and it still has Webroot implemented into the computer.

AV’s usually just go off personal preference in my opinion. Of course you have the top tiers like kaspersky and BitDefender, but I feel like common sense is still the best method of protection. If you are unsure of a software, you can always run it in VirusTotal but even that won’t tell you fully if it’s safe.

I’ll never forget running a cracked version of Minecraft on my mothers old school Dell laptop back in 2012. I ran it around midnight on a school night and I thought I had my little headphones connected but I didn’t. I ran it and it blared out something about saying how your computer has been infected. My mother came out screaming at me telling me to get my ass to bed. Ahh I miss those days haha.

3 Likes

Okay Since we are on the topic of PC issues, I have been having an issue with Valorant’s Vanguard Anti-Cheat system. It’s giving me this fun error code and I haven’t been able to play Valorant for months.

I have tried a plethora of troubleshooting tasks and nothing has worked. I will provide a list of some of the things I remember doing.

1. Verified all drivers are up to date.
  2. Reinstalled Valorant/Riot Games Launcher/ and the Vanguard anti-cheat multiple times.
  3. Followed the messages screen of restarting PC (even though I knew this wouldn’t work).
  4. Disabled the Windows Testing Mode for signatures through CMD.
  5. Set the Vanguard services to automatic.
  6. Repaired the game.
  7. Uninstalled sus processes that Vanguard did not like seeing like ProcessHacker because Vanguard acts like a rootkit and likes to have complete access to your pc.

The last fix that I saw would help was going through the Windows Registry but I have not tried that yet. Guess I’ll try to look and see if I can’t contact Riot support again on the issue unless one of you amazing people can help me. Would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

Well Step one make sure windows is up to date, Step two if drivers are up to date then repair the game with the built in repair. If all else fails make sure you are not in windows testing mode and if Everything else fails reinstall and maybe its just a bug if it happens again after reinstall contact riot (good luck) and see if they are aware of this issue

3 Likes

Yeah Windows is up to date, just double checked. If it was a bug like 128 then I would assume Riot would have taken care of it, especially if it’s related to the vanguard anti-cheat. And thanks for the “good luck” because Riot will probably just ghost me like they did last time when I submitted a ticket.

Sucks too because I invested a good amount of time and money into valorant and now it’s basically telling me to go screw myself.

3 Likes

Did you disable virus scanner? Btw I look around this is a 2 year issue lol Seems like it has to do with what scanner you are using and it seems disabling it restarting then starting the game works

3 Likes

Gimmie a sec gonna try something gotta reset, I’ll try the AV thing again, even though I know its related to the 7th bulletin I posted.

3 Likes

I double verified all of the checks I mentioned and also just uninstalled my antivirus completely just to see if it would not tamper with the path to vanguard. Still nothing is working. It’s all good though thanks for the assist. The only resort I have left is just with Riot Support but I’m not positive about that.

3 Likes