The Santa is not real talk

I wanted to write this before Christmas but I had too much going on and forgot, better do it now before the year ends.

How old were you when you found out it was your parents giving you gifts and not Santa? On the other hand, are you honest with your kids about where they get their gifts or do you try to keep the tradition alive? If so, how do you tell them the truth?

4 Likes

For me, I don’t remember. Too many aeons have passed.

With my kids, I think in the 2nd Grade range, right around the time some of the other little shits at school started to burst their bubble.

3 Likes

I think I just figured it out on my own eventually. Couldn’t tell ya exactly when though.

4 Likes

I don’t know exactly how old I was but I knew from an very early age I think around 5 or 6 myself, yet I still hammed it up for my parents sake for several years afterwards. I knew they would be disappointed if they knew I had already figured it out.

I don’t have any kids of my own so I can’t pass any traditions down the line. That’s life for you, at least my brother passed on the family name.

3 Likes

I figured Santa just changed as a adult from gifts to depression lol

4 Likes

I know what you mean! As a kid you want so much stuff you can’t have, and as an adult when you can finally afford to give yourself some nice stuff you have a lot of other stuff on your head to think/worry about.

4 Likes

I have my 2 kiddos( 6 and almost 8 years old) I still keep the tradition of Santa. This year, Santa sent packed coal to my son, that’s being naughty all year long. I gave the coal on Christmas Eve, had a talk with him about why he got that, and made him promised me he was gonna be better next year. On Christmas morning, I gave him his gift

3 Likes

Did the coal thing worked with your son? There were times when I really wanted to do that but I just couldn’t go through with it. Giving crap toys would be as far as I would go :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It was really hard for me seeing him cry in front of everyone. But I got my composure, took a smirnoff from the fridge and make it happen. I bought the coal at Walmart for like $4.88 bucks. It was wrapped like a normal present. So he was eager to open it. When he saw the contents, that’s when he started crying and went under the table. Then I had to explain the reason why. His Real presents were in the basement. And when he make me the promise he was gonna be better next year, Christmas morning, I gave him his real presents.

3 Likes

I approve.

standing ovation applause GIF

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! Glad you were able to do it and your family members didn’t intervene, I know mine would…

3 Likes

Well, my fiancé kinda sorta intervene. So after I finish explaining, my fiancé started talking and told him that he went to Walmart with his own money to buy him clothes.

3 Likes