This may be way off the anime topic but,,,,do you need something in the background to sleep?

I’ve come to realize that I need something in the background to sleep. Whether it be a fan or music or tv. If I don’t have it going my mind just races and I find myself laying there for hours trying to force myself to sleep. Anyone else have this issue. I tried just watching anime but then I’m to excited that I want to watch it. So I put on mundane shows and have the volume on low and just pass out.

8 Likes

Nothing is off topic!

Yeah it helps me, I use an app called Noizo to generate ambient background sounds. Magnesium supplements help also.

4 Likes

I will check that app out. I’ve never tried magnesium. I have taken the gummy melatonin. But after a while it’s not good to keep taking it.

3 Likes

Chill background music and no food at night :relaxed:

5 Likes

I tried melatonin too, sometimes it helps but most of the time nothing :eyes: so weird

4 Likes

What if I get hungry.? Yeah there has been times when the tonin does absolutely nothing. I usually keep the fan on or some lofi

3 Likes

I find it extremely difficult to eat before sleeping. At least not in the last two hours. Maybe that’s only my metabolism :confused:

3 Likes

Hmm! Could be. I’ll eat right before I sleep. Just use to that I guess. Well let me clarify, not big ass meals but a snack or like a lunchable you know hahaha. Don’t want people thinking I’m eating a 12 pack of tacos then passing out. Though that has happened, the ITIS is a real thing y’all.

3 Likes

I usually put on music for sleep. My partner needs a fan on. I’ve tried going to sleep with a tv on but I usually end up watching it if it’s a show I like.

3 Likes

Bless for reminding me of taking my supplements, been sleeping like crap the past few day, and I kept wondering why lmao.

3 Likes

I always need some music sometimes when I wake up in the middle of night. Its hard to fall asleep again without music.
Sometimes I use guided meditations too but the songs on loop always works the best :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve tried those guided meditation videos but I can’t help but to laugh at some points. Not knocking them, they do help for other things, just when I try sleeping yeah it’s a no go. “Inhale, visualize the air entering your lungs then down to your pinky toe”:joy::joy:

4 Likes

There are some calming magnesium powder products that are helpful. During the day I take Magnesium Threonate which is supposed to be good for reducing racing thoughts, etc. L-theanine is also a big help for me during the day. Some people swear by Ashwagandha and it’s a great one.

This is all assuming you’re eating a decent diet and taking a decent multivitamin to help reduce deficiencies in general, which can lead to a cascade of deficiencies and all sorts of secondary problems.

5 Likes

Never heard of any of this. But yeah I’m pretty healthy work out weekly, I do take a daily vitamin. I’ll give them a good ol research, thanks for the input and recommendation.

4 Likes

Not a chance. If there is music, I can’t sleep. It just occupies me too much. Need silence :).

4 Likes

I can sleep virtually everywhere and I already snoozed standing on a bus a couple of times, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: but sometimes I sleep with those relaxation music videos in the background…

I tried with regular radio music but I had weird dreams… I often have weird dreams not sure if the radio’s fault :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I would add to all these helpful suggestions: mind your caffeine intake. Along with sound, exercise, and other work I managed to improve my ability to go to sleep by stopping coffee and tea earlier in the day (no later than 4pm most days). Eating late may also affect sleep and rest, but as suggested by the breadth of suggestions in the thread you will have to carefully science these things for yourself. Bodies are different!

Oh, and yes I sometime need noise to fall asleep and my partner often can’t sleep with it on, so we’ve tried different sounds and also just me wearing a headset to bed , which worked well.

Thanks for asking and starting the discussion :smiley:

6 Likes

I like the rain and the sound of the rain really calms me down.

7 Likes

I can’t sleep without some sort of white noise, so yeah my fan in my bedroom stays on 24/7. I usually watch YouTube or some show in the living room and find myself passing out watching the show even if I’m interested. So i turn it off and go to bed, but then lay there wide awake. I usually then play on my phone till I pass out.
I don’t have a TV in my bedroom so i can’t turn anything on for white noise other then my fan. As long as I get 4 to 6 hours of sleep I’m good.

3 Likes

That’s the same for me 4-6 hours. I’m just used to no sleep but as I’ve gotten older I’m feeling the long last damage the lack of sleep has on me. I’ll pass out and then wake up like 30 minutes later then can’t sleep then it’s like that off and on. I’ve also noticed that the more sleep I get the shittier I feel, the less sleep I get I feel more awake. Bottom line I’m all messed up, thanks Uncle Sam. Lol.

3 Likes