What made you smile today?

This might be a little weird but I figured I’d share. TLDR I’m really bad at setting limits on my workload. Like, REALLY bad. I just feel if I can’t do everything then it means I’m not working hard enough and am being lazy or something. So right now, I’m working 40 hours plus doing an internship for an extra 22 hours. On top of that, the plan was to take one summer course. Today I decided I can’t do all that in one summer, so I withdrew from the class to focus on the other two. This might seem weird but to me, this is a huge accomplishment because usually I would just suck it up and try to make it all work no matter how hard it or undoable it was. So if anyone else has issues with being a workaholic, It’s ok to take things one day at a time <3

5 Likes

At one period of my life, I’ve worked every day for almost 3 years. Without a day off. I worked 2 jobs + my own shop. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

image0

Today’s gacha haul arrived! That’s enough to make anyone smile :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just got done doing a friday of 400 mile yardsale. I’m $180 down got a half truckload of “new stuff” for my collections although I didn’t find much anime figures mostly (Star Wars, DC/Marvel, and etc.) but thats to be expected.:smile:

6 Likes

Yo, that’s epic and indeed sounds fun, wish to do something similar. Yardsales are great

5 Likes

Agree. I go to the local swap meet every once in a while because you can find some truly awesome things at bargain prices.

5 Likes

Yeah, I do love buying even furniture from such places (if any). Kinda stuff you won’t find in stores

4 Likes

There is something for everyone! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Right now I’m in the middle of spring cleaning and it feels so good to see progress. It feels like an endless chore sometimes but i know it will be worth it in the end. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I know how you feel. I hope to finish the cleaning by the summer and then enjoy it. :innocent:

5 Likes

@zanz I get you, I really do. Sometimes it’s necessary to understand you can’t always do it all, after a while stress will really get to you. It’s important to remember we are living things and we need time to rest and relax, we are not machines, even though we constantly wish we were.

4 Likes

I received my this months box today :heart::heart::heart::heart::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

6 Likes

A beautiful feeling! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

O I got some stuffs coming in today that brought a smile to my face

Just waiting on the other 2

6 Likes

Receiving stuff after some wait is always a pleasure, I like the feeling when I walk back home from the post office

4 Likes

The longer you wait, the greater the satisfaction when you get it.

5 Likes

The funny thing is i just ordered this and it can only be gotten from japan and it qas just a 60 dollar drop an that was 2 days ago

5 Likes

Wow, that’s great. I’m waiting for my custom keyboard sound reducers for more than a year. Can’t imagine the excitement when I will get them! Jk I believe they are gone for good. The cost was 1 usd or so lol

3 Likes

Me too… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

@JoJotheThird sorry to hear that! I actually ordered a figure on December last year and it still has not arrived. I know it will eventually, just have to exercise patience.

@Otaku I get what you say about the satisfaction when getting something, but on the other hand, the hype for that stuff might die down while waiting for it, and also, the thing you ordered might get lost. I pre-ordered a Jotaro Medicos Big figure on January and after waiting for 5 months, the thing got lost in the mail. I got a full refund but I really wanted it and after that experience I’d rather buy something in person.

3 Likes