What manga are you reading? Or web toon?

Well I finally finished the first arc of Chainsaw Man (volume 1 through 11 of the manga) which is the public safety arc. I’m now two volumes into the next arc with new characters, and Denji now in high school moonlighting as the chainsaw man.

Major SPOILER Don’t click unless you want to be spoiled!

I like that there is a possibility of Power coming back, as with the contract Denji made with Power in exchange for her blood.

Major SPOILER Don’t click unless you want to be spoiled!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I feel dumb for not knowing sooner, but the entirety of Chainsaw Man takes places in the late 90’s around 1999 to be precise. I didn’t realize the setting until it was mentioned in Manga Volume 14.

I did finish up all 15 currently released manga, tempted to go online to read the rest.

1 Like

I’ve been re-reading Chillin’ In Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers because I had forgotten what happened in the story up to where I left off, I just now caught up to where I left off…which was volume 5 of the manga. Which means Volumes 6 thru 8 are all new material for me!
(I’ve had volumes 6 and 7 since they released but never read them for some odd reason, and just recently got volume 8 in the mail.)

Anyway what really inspired me to start reading it again was two reasons, unfinished volumes, and rekindled interest due to the anime adaptation that is now airing. I loved the story, so I don’t know why I quit reading it…maybe it was the long wait between volumes that weened my interest for a moment.

Though the anime’s opening theme makes me cringe and is like nails on a chalkboard to me, I love the show so far, as it follows the manga closely for the most part with some subtle changes….like the exclusion of Flio & Rys’s first time doing the nasty, which was watched in secret by the Djinn Hiya and brought to light the next morning in conversation, which was totally skipped in the anime and replaced with Hiya interrupting them instead in the anime.

3 Likes

I’ve been buying so much manga. I read 'em and then they sit on a shelf gathering dust. I’m running out of room. So, I have the urge to purge. Already have a big box full of titles. Feels good knowing I’m clearing out space. I think I’m going to be more selective going forward. :books:

3 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Never purge the hoard!

3 Likes

You’re right, Smaug would never relinquish his treasures. :smile:

3 Likes