What manga are you reading? Or web toon?

Not currently reading any specific manga but I do regularly read the light novels on J-novel club as they get translated or eBooks. Realist Hero, Ascendance of a Bookworm, Monster Tamer, Black Summoner, SAO, among many others.

6 Likes

That’s a good selection. I haven’t read any light novels yet. I do have a few lined up though, overlord, solo level, and the saga of Tanya the evil.

5 Likes

I do have the first volume of overlord and Tanya but haven’t started them yet, too many others that keep coming out that I have already started.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s how it is you find something then a week later something else comes out that catches your eye. I’ve had to slow down. Why I got Into gunpla. Stopped getting books and manga and started gunpla and getting more figures. This year is gonna be awesome.

5 Likes

That’s an awesome anime. Looking forward to the movie. I have all the spy x family many but have not read them yet, seen the first two episodes on Crunchyroll. I do have a few jujitsu manga, an definitely seen all the anime and the movie. What did you think of the movie?

5 Likes

Well I have read so much lol. I have read Arifureta, That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime (sadly still can not fine book 21, The Rising of the Sheild hero. Humm those are the ones on can think off the top of my head. Sadly right now they are packed in a box as we are getting reading to move. I read alot of manhwu too but so many of them that I am constantly reading. Solo Leveling is awesome I have the novels to it but will eventually get the manga in full color as well.

6 Likes

I need to get the light novels. Sad they are done with them though. On the plus the anime comes out soon(hopefully).

6 Likes

Ahhh same issue here! I can’t stop reading and I don’t want to stop and wait for the new chapters

5 Likes

What are the thoughts on Spy x Family? My top 3 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Feel the same. I was that way wit Bleach’s TYBW, but then I got the CFYOW light novels and they just dropped the new manga I think it’s a 20 year edition.

6 Likes

Hmmm? It is pretty good. I’d put it in my top 10. There are so many good anime.

5 Likes

Ikr?? Some of my favorite manga were cancelled :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

5 Likes

Yea it’s a shame. There are alternatives but just don’t hit the same you know.

6 Likes

I’ve had Monster Musume volume 17 pre-ordered for well over a year now, and it keeps getting pushed back!!

I’m a huge monster girl fan so its a bit infuriating when that keeps happening.

I also was reading Creature Girls: A Hands-On Field Journal in Another World, and had vol six pre-ordered for over a year, they it was canceled and the listing was removed. I thought the publisher just dropped the series because it was getting a bit on the controversial side. So I was surprised when I found out it was back up for pre-order this year and should be coming out next month. Turns out the issue was Seven Seas (Ghost ship) publishing didn’t have the license for the series past volume 5, and finally renewed it this year. Nothing but a licensing issue after all.

4 Likes

Currently I’m just got done reading all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and half way though reading Dragon Ball Super. It occurred to me last month that even though I was a huge Dragon Ball fan and seen all the anime at least 5 times in full, I had never read the manga in full, and I’ve been putting off reading Super for a while. So I figured while I was on vacation last month to start reading the entire series from the beginning starting with the first 42 vol’s of DB(Z), then onto the current 16 volumes of Super I own. I like seeing the differences between the Manga and the Anime, also helps identify the filler stuff that the anime had in it.

As for other series I read currently…I got a long ongoing list which includes
Monster Musume (waiting for volume 17, but its forever on hiatus it seems)
KonoSuba: God’s Blessing in This Wonderful World (waiting on vol 14, so far there are many spoilers for season three of the anime when it drops)
Don’t Toy with Me Miss Nagatoro (waiting on volume 13 to drop)
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (read 1 - 12 )
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Elma’s Office Lady Diary (1 - 5 read)
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: Kanna’s Daily Life (1-9 read)
Creature Girls: A Hands-On Field Journal In Another World (waiting on vol 6 to drop next month hopefully as it’s been forever since vol 5 released)
Interviews with Monster Girls (1- 10 read, waiting on volume 11 which is rumored to be the final volume)
Interspiecies Reviewers ( 1 - 6 read and the two spin-offs read)
Hitomi-chan Is Shy With Strangers (nice slice of life series read 1 thru 5)
My Wife Has No Emotions (cute robot waifu anyone? waiting on volume 4)
Chillin’ in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers (fun isekai waiting on volume 5 now)

and many many more…I seem to have a new book come in a couple times a month these days.

6 Likes

Oh dang. That’s an awesome collection. I thought I had a lot on manga, I’m slowly collecting manga. I flip flop between that and figures…and most recently gundam kits ……

5 Likes

yea, when i heard about the licensing issue with Creature Girls: a hands on field journal in another world i also found out that it ended with the 9th volume and i told my friends why don’t they bite the bullet and get the license for the rest of them and have no more problems from fans bugging them about future volumes you know.

5 Likes

I’m alternating between Overlord, Fairy Tale, Seven Deadly Sins, and Monster Musume.

Online I recently stumbled across Gawr Gura on Hololive.

5 Likes

Those are great anime. Overlord is one of my favorites. Haha not you too? V-tubers,! Gita is also a favorite lol, and mumei, and pekora, and the ln a lot of other non big time streamers.

5 Likes

Yeah, that one came across my radar when I was watching a video of Broken Peach’s “Personal Jesus” live at 20 Century Rocks cafe in Spain. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how those 2 matched up for my viewing pleasure, but then after watching a few (cough, 7) of her videos, I was hooked.

4 Likes