Animes with messed up endings

Whats your list?

3 Likes
  1. Berserk

2. Devilman

3. Akame ga Kill

4. Gurren Lagann

5. Promised Neverland

Number 4 and 5 are messed up for all the wrong reasons.

9 Likes

Although the ending of Akame ga Kill is really messed up, the ending of the manga left a more shocking effect :neutral_face:

6 Likes

The entire series of ‘Corpse Party’ is messed up in general. X)

5 Likes

I would also like to add Saikano, the Ultimate Weapon

5 Likes

I have to see this! I am always forgetting about it but it looks very appealing. I love the opening theme and watch it every time.

5 Likes

Yes, this is a cool anime (although some of my friends do not think so), literally the first one I watched alone and on purpose. But the manga ending… It… Messed up not in the best way… flashbacks

4 Likes

I want to see if Redo of Healer is going to actually have closure (also have the light novel to read).

5 Likes

I’d say School Days.

4 Likes

Never watched School Days but I strongly believe that happens more often than I think it does

3 Likes

Death Note :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

Domestic Girlfriend

Its not gory or dark, the ending is still messed up as you get very attached to certain characters; having it all blow up in your face in the end.

What a great anime :sob::sob:

4 Likes

Neon Genesis evangelion
Elfin lied

3 Likes

Agree 100%

3 Likes

Gantz

3 Likes

Only one. “Toradora”

3 Likes

Definitely School Days. 100% messed up (^_^)

3 Likes

What level of messed up are we going for? Is it the, “Omg! that is insanely hard to understand!” Or is it, "These characters have a warped view of reality. "
I will arrange a list of anime I have seen going from warped view to insane understanding.

1. Rascal does not dream of bunny senpai
  2. My hero academia
  3. Kanajo ga flag wo oraretara
  4. Welcome to the N.H.K.
  5. Oreimo
  6. My roommate is a cat
  7. Dog & scissors
  8. Kill la kill
  9. Redo of a Healer
  10. Another
  11. Akira
4 Likes

School Days… I want you all to know I can never get the Image of the main female character clutching the dudes head that she severed while sitting in a boat talking to the head as the view fades out

5 Likes