Any other like minded subscribers?

Just curious probably isn’t even an option but just got the email to give a review & this will be similar to that. After nearly 4 years subscribing it’s made me realize I’ve always wished there was more of a focus on it being a figure & shirt box than all of the other random stuff. The other stuff is cool but most of it I don’t end up keeping. Instead most premium figures retail around 150$ + shipping, this claims the box has a retail of ~117$ but discounted to 64$ + shipping. So would be neat in my opinion if there was a way to upgrade the figure more, keep the shirt, ditch the rest that wasn’t free and get it into that next classification of better figures for what amounts to a retail difference of about 33$, but TBD on the increase needed for the 64$ we’re already paying. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve kept the box sub, don’t plan on canceling it but it has made me wonder that every 2 boxes you skip that’s 1 figure you could have gotten vs the 2 that you did get. I know it’s not a figure subscription (kinda wish that was an option if you couldn’t tell), but do wish it could be better when it’s so close to the $ mark needed it seems just barely off.

I do still have all the figures & shirts over the years and they are all displayed together mixed in with some of the one’s i’ve bought outside this sub.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Yeah, that option makes sense. However, I personally like the stuff besides figures and shirts, because some of these I use on a daily basis (like the phone holder or the chopsticks) and it’s always a pleasant surprise when I find such things in a box. Using these things makes me feel more dedicated to the culture I like, you know. Just sharing my thoughts

6 Likes

I like the extra stuff in the box. For example, I still use the bottle, umbrella, costers, hats etc…

5 Likes

Welcome, @mrcarte87 !!! you know… I loooooove the little stuff that I’ll never use but look cute aka keychains, stickers, plushies… XDDD but a shirt and figure option sounds cool … it feels like an “essentials” plan XDDD

6 Likes

Gotta agree with everyone the little items are also a nice touch, when I started my sub I didn’t think it would be more then a figure but here we are and I have a huge collection of items

7 Likes

I like all the extras, even if I do trade most of it away.

Maybe there could be an option to sign up for that does what you’re asking?

5 Likes

Im down with the extras, makes it fun.

6 Likes

I personally like the little extras. Im a truck driver so the keychains, the bottle and the hat all get used. To me, as others have said, the extras make the box. Ive become a collector of the cards and the scrolls and as soon as i have enough saved up, im paying to have them stitched together to create a wall tapestry to go in my game room.
Your idea does have some merit to it though and should be a option for those of the same mind as you.

7 Likes

“Hiding” another goblin.

3 Likes

The main reason why I subbed to TOB is because it isn’t just a figure and a shirt. I really like the extra stuff, I actually use 95% of it only because the jewelry items are too small for me.

3 Likes