Armored Core 6

Has anyone played Armored Core 6 yet? im really debating getting it, not sire if it will be my cup of tea.

3 Likes

So I have played every armoured core to date and I think that mecha games are spectacular, if you haven’t played an armoured core game it could be a steep learning curve dealing with the fact that your choice in customization defines how you will play a certain mission. If that doesn’t bother you and you are familiar with strafing and movement then you will love this game.

4 Likes

Sounds kinda like MechWarrior.

3 Likes

Sorta, and I say that because MechWarrior, to me at least has heavy operation controls (more weighty?)so it was more you’re really piloting this mech, whereas armoured core, movement wise is more zone of the enders with a mix of ace combat if that makes any sense, in terms of weapons they are similar in my opinion.

3 Likes

yeah ive been watching a ton of gameplay and always enjoyed watching others play. think imma just get it. i know there is a huge learning curve but thats what makes a game much more fun to me at least, and of course factor in a few other things

3 Likes

thank you for the insight

3 Likes

Never played those others. I used to be quite adept at MW when it first came out, back when you had to have an MMX core to run it.

I got MW 5 and hopped on all cocky. I promptly got handed my ass. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I did too and promptly uninstalled when I lost at the first mission lol

1 Like

Honestly I agree with everything you said, I too have played all of them and personally the controlls and management of build ammo and cooldowns/frames and distance may be daunting.

To: OP

But in my opinion challenge is always great and honestly I encourage you OP to go ahead and give it a whirl if nothing else.

4 Likes

yeah i already got it. im enjoying it, think i spent like a hour in the paint customization just to make everything all black. lol. im enjoying the game. i recommend it to others that are on the fence about it

3 Likes

I just started… It is okay for now… New experience for me…

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not gonna lie I died like 10 times to that helicopter…but I prevailed and am slowly getting farther. I spent a good majority of the time playing against the first mech pilot and just farmed him. Can beat him in less than a minute and it’s an easy 80k+. This weekend imma be pushing farther into the story. Had to get my paper up. Lol.

3 Likes

I am more excited to play Elden Ring DLC :grin:

3 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Anyhows, I talked to a couple coworkers who have also played it and recommend it over Mechwarrior.

I may join your ranks next payday. Depends if I have the extra capital after bills and a figure I’ve been saving for. Waifus 1st!

3 Likes

Im at operation wallclimber. I need a lighter mech for more agility so that means reverse joint legs so its time to farm either strider or the one before it.

3 Likes

It’s my first mech anything game…I love it. Well I did play the gundam SD game. Armored core 6 is way better

2 Likes

Spoilers!!!z. Lol. Just messing.

2 Likes

After the first mission or two lots more options for customization open up for you with pros and con and literal stats overload

3 Likes

So does it have similarities with Dark Souls? I’m kind of interested

3 Likes

Question on the game: does it require a game controller or can you get by with mouse and KB?

2 Likes