Baldur's Gate 3

Picked it up Thursday night and made a character. Set it to medium difficulty. Spoiler: Got as far as crashing the ship. Yesterday, after work & grocery shopping, I sat down and seriously started to play. 2hrs in, TPK.

Bugger.

Rolled the difficulty back to easy and tried again, new character, new skill set. 4 hours in, TPK.

Bugger.

KK, I’m not a min-maxer. I enjoy playing more for the sake of the story, but dayum!

Anyone else messing with it yet?

3 Likes

I was gonna get it but I’m not sure it’s my type of game. I need to do more research.
Keep me updated. Rather get your opinion then from a random YouTuber

2 Likes

D&D game. You can min/max it, or just stroll around. You want to go full murder-hobo and kill everyone you meet? Go for it.

But the game does not hold your hand. It IS trying its level best to kill you.

Point & click movement takes getting used to after years of WoW.

You can take all your clothes off and run around nekkie if you want. No censor.

I recommend it. :grimacing: :bear:

2 Likes

so like all Software games (elden ring dark souls)

2 Likes

Dunno that I ever played those… The Rings one on PS4 I think I remember playing a few years back. But not enough to make a comparison.

2 Likes

Anyway, wading back in.

2 Likes

I’m playing BG3 as a Tiefling Ranger. The talk to animals ability has let to interesting conversations… I’ve met a territorial squirrel, a loyal dog and a mysterious ox . Once a rat told me to scram.

Minor spoilers below.

I’m just past rescuing Haslin from the orcs and the after party in the Grove allows some first
steps for romance. I’ve been eying Shadowheart, La’Zel and Karlach, so I reloaded a few times to see my options…

My evening with Shadowheart started with drinking wine under the stars and talking an ended with a kiss. A bit disappointing, but I think she’s worth the trouble.

Karlach, unfortunately, could not be touch at this point., but she wants to, badly. I have to find a infernal mechanic.

La’Zel will Dom you, if you let her. It’s all physical for her, at least at this stage.

I cintinued the save with Shadowheart, but Karlach is definitely worth considering once her engine is fixed.

2 Likes

Coolness! So far my party is all snipping at each other. Must need some booze to fix it.

2 Likes

Been playing it for about a week now. I played the previous two so I had a handle on the mechanics. It’s a beautifully looking game, certainly. My only complaint is the party size limited to yourself and three others. Shadowheart is must since you need a healer (unless you are playing cleric yourself). Astarion is priority since he’s a good thief. That only leaves one slot to pick between the mage, warlock, barbarian, and fighter. For now, I’m mostly taking the barbarian for tanking (playing a druid).

3 Likes

Not an easy game, but perfect in most aspects… :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve lost count how many TPKs I’ve endured.

2 Likes

I think the most shocking thing I’ve come across is the naked characters. Having played the previous two, I was confused why there was an “underwear” slot in the inventory. Imagine my surprise when there was suddenly naked gnome ass on my screen.
Shocked Uh Oh GIF

3 Likes

I must play it alone in the room, or my family will think I am pervert… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I live alone and my cats don’t care! Win for the divorced guy!

2 Likes

@somwhere I dumped my bard character and rolled a barbarian. Now I’m wading through the game like a true murder hobo!

Went to a forum and did some reading. To play a bard you really need to be an expert in the game mechanics, so they recommend playing a bard after you’ve played for a few hours.

2 Likes

I’m running my druid after trying wizard. I like it okay. Certainly not as squish as the mage and the extra healing helps. Still, I’ve always been a wizard player all the way back to the old Red Box days so I sort of miss it.

4 Likes

I never got to play as a player on tabletop. Had a kid in my barracks talked it up big, so we all ran out to K•B Toys in the mall and bought dice, minis (Ral Partha pewter!), the Player’s Handbook, etc. I was the only one to buy the DMG and Monster Manual.

We got back to base and our buddy had jumped out a 3rd story window over a Dear John.

So we’d all blown all this money on a new game. After a quick wake in his memory, we sat down and I started DMing “Keep on the Borderlands.”

I’ve been DMing ever since.

4 Likes

Having a full time DM is a rare and wonderful thing. You have my respect, dear sir.

3 Likes

I am mostly melee type in every RPG :smiley:
I enjoy armors instead of robes… :rofl:

3 Likes

I think imma pass on Baldurs gate, keep watching game play and it’s just not my play style. It looks amazing just not my cup of tea. If it goes on sale I may snag it up. Plus I got armored core 6 and somehow I got back I to destiny2 so yeah. Plus cyberpunk comes out with the new dlc,please be good.

3 Likes