Games you didn't understand why people liked so much until you tried them yourself?

For me it was Terraria and Don’t Starve… I watched a few game plays and Live streams and I was like… “I’ll never play this game :roll_eyes:” but after I gave it a try it was hard to let go XDDDDD

7 Likes

I didn’t get into the Starcraft craze and by the time I tried to learn it seriously the sequel was coming out. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to become decent at it but I understand why it was so popular, I enjoyed the single player campaigns alot and I watch online matches from time to time.

8 Likes

For me it was the Souls borne series games. I always heard of how brutally unforgiving it is and how clunky it played. “I play games to relax” was what I said. Now I’m like “how can I kill this boss that’s killed me over and over for hours”. it was the gratification of getting that first kill on a hard boss and then finding better ways to kill them later that had people hooked and now myself hooked.

8 Likes

Same here with some games XDDDDD

6 Likes

Mine was a mobile game #Me. Not much of a social style game but this one is great.

7 Likes

Oh… never thought of Minecraft like Lego…maybe I should give it a try lol

6 Likes

Ohh Terraria, I spent a vast amount of time playing that game in 2020 during lockdown. I had just built a brand new gaming PC right before the pandemic hit (lucky timing I guess).

I loved it because it was basically 2D Minecraft with loads of boss fights and character customization.

Minecraft was also my next biggest time sink, but I’ve been playing it off and on since 2010.

As for a game that really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it, I would have to go with MadMax on PS4, loved the open world aspect with taking out strongholds and engaging in races. For a game based on a Movie serie, it was great!

6 Likes

Destiny. Didn’t care, never thought I’d play it. Then I watched a friend play. 6 years later, I’m still a fanboi…

7 Likes

Hahaha. Got you too hunh! And it continues to take my money. I really hope lightfall isn’t trash.

6 Likes

Souls series games. Now I am addicted to them :grin:
Amount of challenge and joy when you beat some hard boss is crazy :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Will agree with you on that. The feeling of beating a boss that killed you 100 times! Just a different type of feeling.

7 Likes

Talk about being beaten lol sometimes my friends tell me they would have already given up… But I take it personally!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Also… I often say “but this one is so hard it must be the last boss!”… Only to find out I’ve just reached half the story XDDD

7 Likes

Or better yet the boss you thought was a boss is not a boss but just a strong enemy…makes me feel even worse. Elden ring is my first game so I’ve got a lot to learn.

7 Likes

You know? I feel like playing Dark Souls one day just because people say it’s too hard and for me almost every game is too hard XDDD I think I’ll feel at home

6 Likes

Shoot my friend makes fun of me cuz I don’t play games like this. I’m not a big fan of the struggle, but that struggle is what makes it that much better. It’s like when I do raids for the first time in Destiny.

6 Likes

Minecraft definitely deserves to be on this list. I never played it until 2 years ago and I found it very engaging and fun, specially when playing with a friend. Hated the countless times when got blown by being careless and lost all the armor I took so much time to build!

7 Likes

Hahaha that’s such a great feeling isn’t it. I had to have my buddy help me. I did to just random ass things bats and puff balls

6 Likes

I killed Mohg in 3rd try… I was overpowered :smiley:
I had trouble only with Malenia and even had to respec. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

lol… seems like a person to overpower things GOKU :rofl:

6 Likes

Well, not always, just when I enter SuperSaiyan mode. :rofl:

6 Likes