Genshin Impact

The Oceanid is one of the most annoying bosses in the game. I’m glad no more characters require ascension materials from it…

4 Likes

Yeah, I mean, from the new characters. Most of the bosses are made to ascend ~two characters (the first ones in the game are an exclusion). Can’t say the Oceanid is hard, its fight is long as hell and boring. But without a good archer and a good shielder, it may be problematic…

4 Likes

Decided to give it a serious try to the Genshin TCG. Must say it was fun! Got yesterday the max level and beat Timmy, victoriously eating his precious pigeons right after that. Sounds weird.

4 Likes

Are either of the ice girls, in the wish right now any good?

6 Likes

Shenhe’s purpose from the game design side is only to support cryo DPS characters like Ayaka or Ganyu (there are no good 4-star cryo DPS characters), so she is really questionable if you ask me. And Ayaka is a pretty solid damager, but not the very best of them, I must say. Many people say she is good because of her burst, plus there is a great normal attack potential combined with hydro, but I myself know there are better DPS characters. I have both Ayaka and Shenhe from their first banners so I believe I know what I’m talking about. However, Ayaka is still one of the best DPS characters, so I’d pull for her if I was starting the game from scratch. The F2P sword from Inazuma suits her perfectly

6 Likes
5 Likes

Haha, Jojo will find its way to storm any topic :laughing:

4 Likes

I believe it is this phase of the game when I was starting to search for some epic artifact builds. Because at this stage the level does matter, but not as much as good artifacts. For example, I was creating a build for my friend’s newly acquired Shenhe, and with some good artifacts on level 1, she has 2100 attack! However, farming for artifacts may become hell. It is an RNG in an RNG in an RNG in an RNG…

4 Likes

…No kidding. It’s literally like 5 layers of RNG and it pisses me off. And getting EM artifacts is the WORST for me.

5 Likes

To be precise, there are much more RNG layers here.
The first one is when the game chooses from which of the two sets in the dungeon to give an artifact
The second, when you are given one of the five possible artifacts
Third, when this artifact is given one of 8+ statistics
Fourth, fifth, and so on, this is when the game decides the artifact will have three or four sub-statistics, what kind of statistics will they be, and, most importantly, each of these statistics has a range to be randomly chosen. Then, when upgrading the artifact, RNG happens five times when one of the 3 or 4 statistics is selected for upgrading, and then when the range of the upgrade of this statistic is selected. Critical damage can rise, for example, by 4% or even by 7%…
Actually, my brother stopped playing Genshin precisely because of the artifact system, when for two weeks in a row he could not get the set he needed. It’s really that bad.
However, to play the game you don’t need crazy artifacts. Only maybe to beat the 12-1,2,3 of the abyss on 9 stars

4 Likes

Didn’t really need the whole explanation there, considering I’ve played since launch, but thanks I guess :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I’d much rather have something like Punishing Gray Raven’s memory system than this abysmal mess.

5 Likes

Well it’s just I’m used to diving into all the formulas, I even wrote a program to find the best build for Dehya… Btw it worked more or less, I’ve cleared 12-1,2,3 of the abyss on 9 stars using Dehya. Sounds ridiculous

4 Likes

Apparently im only allowed to have elctro ppl, pulled 4 today lol😑

5 Likes

All of them great and useful, but my personal preference is electro, so good for you haha :laughing:

5 Likes

Lol, well razor looks promising at least, dint really care for the other one i got

5 Likes

Yeah, Razor is one of the most powerful 4-star DPS characters. He just needs some dedication

5 Likes

Oh ya sweet this who i got so far

6 Likes

That’s a good pool of characters :+1: Kuki and Fischl have such a big elemental mastery potential. Actually, Fischl is one of my favorite characters of all time, I remember when the dendro element came out and I tried hydro + dendro + electro comp with Fischl’s EM build and got 40k from reactions, I was pleasantly shocked

5 Likes

Fischl can be a monster with hydro/debdri combo

6 Likes

Yeah, especially with her C6. Mondstadt is my favorite region also, it’s a pity there are no more story events there, it’s all about Sumeru and Liyue once a year. I mean these events that grant you character in the end. I remember getting C6 Fischl pretty fast with these ones, but they were literally the first events in the game

5 Likes