Greetings, I am Naota

Greetings,

My handle Naota 03 or Ainz depending on who you talk to. I hail from the North Carolina and I am am an Otaku. I Have been watching Anime and reading Manga since 97 and I remember having to wait for fan subbed VHS tapes to watch TV. I remember when PBS played DIC dubbed anime like Sailor Moon and I am of the generation when Toonami was airing on Cartoon Network in the afternoon.

I am a computer Network enigneer and my hobbies include watching Anime, Reading Manga, playing Video Games, watching Movies, Working on computers and cosplaying. I run my own anime community but it very quiet but I don’t feel like pulling the plug. I also 3d print a good chunk of my cosplay accessories and I look forward to making new friends here in this community.

11 Likes

NOW WAIT A MINUTE!! I was into PBS to a decent degree as a kid and I and I don’t recall seeing any anime on there!

Then again, I didn’t get into it until the Toonami days either, so…

Also, welcome aboard. :wave::grin:

4 Likes

Welcome Naota!!!

5 Likes

Hahaha not sure about the PBS thing never watched that. But toonami in the afternoon was when I started watching, then it whent to nights.

Also welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community , Naota :liz_hi:

4 Likes

PBS is the public broadcasting system. its a local channel that used to play anime in the mornings before school. I remember watching Sailor Moon before having to leave to catch the bus.

4 Likes

Hold up didn’t they use to show rower rangers early mornings too?

3 Likes

i remember watching power ranges on fox in the afternoons. If they did have power rangers then it could have been after i left for school.

4 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

I remember I was in like second or third grade and I’d rush to get ready for school so I could watch power rangers before I had to catch the bus

2 Likes

I remember power rangers being after school. I guess it depends on the region on what get played at what time.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community! I hope you’ll have fun, it’s quite nice here

3 Likes

Hi Naota and welcome to the forum! Man watching DBZ on Toonami in the afternoon and watching YuYu Hakusho at nights on Adult Swim while having a pizza and coke those were the days for sure!

3 Likes

I’m not much for Shonen anime these days, but I will always have a love for Dragon Ball! Never could get into Naruto, and I got burnt out with One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho was a fun watch! but overall I’m not that big into shonen. I prefer isekai, fantasy, monster girls, and slice of life.

2 Likes

Welcome @naota03 :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks All for the warm welcome.

6 Likes

:liz_hi: Kinda late to the party, but welcome fellow Otaku and member of the IT guild :handshake:t4:

4 Likes