Having Husbandos Figures in your Otaku Box

Would you like to have Husbandos as an option/preference for your 1:9 Figures and/or mini figures? And also have the option of switching between Waifus and Husbandos if you so choose?

5 Likes

As long as it’s only an option. I just want my waifus, personally.

4 Likes

To me that seems like a lot of extra work for Liz just to have that option. Custom figures take time to draw and plan out, the initial sculpt and paint, plan out the molds, send to a manufacturer to make and produce, etc. So we can can a new unique custom figure you can’t get anywhere else in our box every month, It’s actually a miracle Liz can pull this off monthly to begin with and probably the reason the figures cost over $20 for an add-on upgrade.

Asking her to do this twice each month so subscribers can have a choice between a Waifu or a Husbando just seems like a logistic nightmare for even less return, and I doubt the Husbando option would be very popular as an option.

There is a reason copycat anime sub boxes like “AnimeBoxClub” end up giving you knockoff figures instead of custom figures, or for Legit older sub companies like the “Nihon Box” giving you Legit Licensed Prize Figures in your boxes from manufacturers like BanDai Banpresto, Furyu, or Sega. It’s much easier then creating custom Figures each month.

The mini figures that come in The Otaku Box are not custom as they are mass bought from other manufactures who are already producing the products anyway. So they are simpler to add to the Box.

Now I wouldn’t be against a husbando type figure appearing in The Otaku Box every so often ( I don’t just collect female figures ), like having “Astolfo” from Fate in a April box would have been great (April fools kind of Joke) and I would have found it hilarious an loved the figure anyway if it happened (I already have a few of him anyway).
But to have a husbando figure as an option isn’t feasible in the long run unless demand was there, which I highly doubt.

5 Likes

Solid no from me. The ladies were the draw card for me signing up, but saying that… if its an option each to their own.

5 Likes

Pretty much this. In theory it’s a good idea but you’d need a significant scale of business to make it worth the cost and the logistics. While I wouldn’t mind, I think it would add a whole other layer of difficulty to the undertaking.

3 Likes

Good point with Astolfo :laughing: That would be fun

3 Likes

I understand it would be hard and all, but I wouldn’t mind getting a couple of husbando figures

Kiss Him Not Me Animation GIF by All The Anime — Anime Limited

4 Likes

Only as an option so others may have them. I do not want them included in my box.

4 Likes

@Hestia25 here is one thread

5 Likes

How about this guy? He can can cook, loves to clean, and will put up with A LOT of BS.

4 Likes

Omggg I can reply again LOL. I surpassed the amount of replies in a day lol. Yes, he would be a good option. Actually I’m watching that anime currently

3 Likes

I would think of

is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon anime girl GIF by HIDIVE
^^^^^^ this guy as a perfect candidate for a Figure. Then I could have a family set for the Hearth Goddess.

4 Likes

You know, I actually started Loving Hestia as a character before is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon became an anime. I had read about her in a Percy Jackson book.

3 Likes

Yasss :face_holding_back_tears:. I miss my chance to preorder him from Good Smile. It’s not in stock anymore. :sob::sob::sob:And there’s not other PVC figure of him in the cooks, just acrylic tho

3 Likes

That Pop Up Parade Bell Cranel isn’t scheduled for release yet until October 2023. Be Patient, as the Good news is that Bell Cranel figure is a Pop Up Parade figure, which means supply won’t be as limited as you would think and they are mid range figure mass produced for the public (like prize figures) and should be easy to find once released online for non-scalper prices. Trust me, the same thing happened with the Helltaker Lucifer Pop Up Parade figure!

2 Likes

Scalpers offering them on eBay for close to $100 already.

2 Likes

I agree. I think for me it would be a deal breaker.

3 Likes

ignore them if the figure isn’t released yet, expecally a Pop Up Parade figure as they are mass produced. Scalpers are gonna scalp, they love to ruin everything. I never buy from one, and will shop around till I find one at retail.

3 Likes

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

How about Kitamura? Poor guy has been rejected 2 times and still have a smile and student council president!! I feel bad for him :')

As a side note, I haven’t finish the anime yet, but what if you got rejected multiple times, but suddenly you start to like that person again, would you give him/her a chance or move on?

4 Likes