Helldivers 2 on ps5

Hey there everyone, quick post today just to collect some opinions on where to get Helldivers 2. I will begin by saying I’m planning to buy it on pc because I’m trying to transition to that as my main platform just because it has more longevity however I am really really bad at the controls (too many freaking buttons and I thumble) i know it’s just a matter of practice but still, on the other hand i’ve been playing exclusively on PlayStation platforms for a lifetime. Please let me know what you think i should do so i can make a more informed decision and if youd be interested in sqadding up (i need more friends)

4 Likes

I play on PC and get carried by @ARCTICoperator. The controls aren’t that bad, as you really only use a few and mainly for the stratogems. Would recommend PC personally.

4 Likes

I meant pc controls in general not just helldivers should have clarified that a little but the post was getting bigger than planned. But i see the what you mean and personally i was gonna have trouble with stratagems either way i’d just panic which would be hilarious.

3 Likes

If the PC game has controller support, you can always buy a Xbox controller for your PC, if you plug it is via the USB cord it comes with, then no batteries required and since Windows owns Xbox, the controller is instantly installed and compatible. There isn’t much of a learning curve from a PS controller to Xbox as there would be between PS and Keyboard and Mouse.

Then again I hear FPS games are best played using keyboard and Mouse as the mouse is faster and more precise when it comes to aiming. (I don’t play FPS’s myself)

3 Likes

Yes I know but I want to keep that separate to force myself to improve plus it’s more the movement I suck at I keep either having to look at the keys or just clicking the wrong key

3 Likes

I have the same issue, thus why I use the Xbox controller when playing games on PC. I’m to old and stubborn to learn how to play games using keyboard and mouse these days. I started playing games using a controller in the early 80’s and I’ll die using one to play games.

3 Likes

Fair enough and I do have a Scuf controller I have to give some use to besides Forza and Armoured Core

3 Likes

Anything performance-wise? Are there any major differences in optimization I should be aware of? My PC is plugged into my TV which some games seem not to like and makes the fonts really tiny (but those were older titles as far as I’ve tested)

3 Likes

I really don’t play games that often, and when I do I play Minecraft on PC. My PC isn’t plugged into my TV, I have it hooked up to my ASUS monitor. I built my PC back in February of 2020 so it’s a bit old now. But I got the parts at a decent price back before covid happened and the PC price gouging started.

Here is an idea of what I’m running. (yes I took pictures of my screen because I was sending them to my friend via text message he was helping me put my PC together as it was my first time building a PC, these are old pictures from Feb 2020, so the prices are not right if there is any in my pictures)

3 Likes

I learned a few lessons when I built it, like what items I need and what I don’t need and won’t add the next time. Mainly I will skip disk drive and such next time, and opt for a larger Solid State Drive ( though I have a 4 TB external hooked up to my PC permanently, and a second internal 1 TB mechanical HD ) and leave the multi-card reader off next time.

3 Likes

Mine is still a work in progress it’s a good base and functional but there’s room for improvement namely the CPU and memory (not really I just like having everything installed). Once I actually move out of my parent’s house and actually have some space I’ll make an actual setup

3 Likes

@TheFourthShogun hey so i moved to pc from PS5 about a year ago now. i dont regret it at all. i understnad what you mean by to many buttons. yeah it took a minute to get use to it, but i tell you what any time i can play with a controller i do that. i use the PS5 pro controller and it works just fine.
here are my spcs. Im also using a LG OLED curved monitor
Screenshot 2024-04-20 221358

also here is my steam name feel free to add me
vibnonthecybin

4 Likes

You have helldivers 2 on steam @somwhere ?

4 Likes

yeah but i dont play much, i just got back into Helldivers and Destiny 3(for like the 10th time) lol
got to get ready for final shape

3 Likes

fell free to add me

@everyone

4 Likes

I was getting my butt kicked playing with @ARCTICoperator yesterday because he’s level 31 and I’m only 7 lol. I’ll add you on steam.

5 Likes

yeah its a fun game., i think im like lvl 13. cool ill look out for it

3 Likes

Just friend-requested you. Don’t have the game yet but might as well be prepared

3 Likes

yeah for sure, i accepted. i will not be on for the next two weeks, im going to be working getting a lot of OT

3 Likes

Oh great that should be enough time for me to get the game and install it

3 Likes