Katsucon 2024

Held at the Gaylord National Harbor, Maryland. Same venue as MAGFest over Presidents Day Weekend.

Current guests include

Suzie Yeung, Chainsaw Man’s Makima, Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Yuffie, Nikke’s Noise & Yulha

Jonah Scott, voice of BEASTARS’'s Legosi

Chris Hackney, with credits in Hunter x Hunter, Fire Emblem

And my personal interest…

Paul St. Peter, voice of Naruto’s Nine-Tailed Fox Kurama and Kingdom Hearts’s Xemnas.

8 Likes

That’s a good reason to be there tbh

3 Likes

Nice lineup :grin:

3 Likes

The Katsucon 2024 Guidebook just went live.

https://guidebook.com/g/katsucon-2024/

So, I just recently upped my volunteer game by stepping up to be the Video Programming Department Head for this con. I am responsible for acquiring licenses and titles of various anime to try to fit the theme for the convention. It’s been an interesting challenge, but we just had some great breakthroughs.

Among which is our feature movie will be the 5th Anniversary of Promare!

4 Likes

And they just announced Keith Silverstein will be coming. Terrific gentleman. I’ve almost caught up in Jujutsu Kaisen, where he voices Principal Mashimigi Yaga.

Haven’t gotten around to JoJo’s yet for his REO Speedwagon. But looking forward to seeing him again.

5 Likes

And now we have

We had better see a lot of Loonas there…

2 Likes

I just assigned my team their shifts. So now to see what they want to negotiate and swap on.

Had to set some rules:
"• Communicate with each other
• Present to [Assistant] and myself, with your swap partner CC’d to confirm consent, which shifts you want to swap.
• Try to keep it to one at a time. Might be able to do swaps between three people, but try to keep to a minimum
• No genjutsu
• Fight to the death, loser has to do both shifts.
• Playing Exodia or getting Shinji in the robot are automatic win conditions.

We’re almost there guys. Thank you for your support and patience. Just remember that I’ll never give you up. Sorry if the arrangements let you down. You’re free to run around at the convention as long as you don’t desert me."

4 Likes

You running a crucible over there? Lol

4 Likes

Last year there were six people trying to get High School DxD. Those not selected are welcome to sit in there, they just don’t get shift credit.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Dorothy Doro GIF

3 Likes

giphy (1)
That man better be out there strutting around like so

3 Likes

Some pics I got today. Had to leave early to celebrate my nephews bday but will be going back tomorrow. They have a figure I may get

5 Likes

Nice to see Nikke and Azur and cyberpunk getting some love

3 Likes

Yeah it was a good time. The next come I’m dressing up with family. We are gonna do bleach

4 Likes

I’ve got a Mario Maid Cafe Photoshoot at the Gazebo at noon. Working around supervising the video rooms.

3 Likes

Kirk Lazarus even made an appearance!

I was able to acquire Promare for a feature movie. It was received alright, but we didn’t do much advertising on it. Pulled in a lot more viewers for The Deer King and Kamen Rider Black.

With this guy’s hair and talking about being short, I’m thinking of the Perception Check…

4 Likes

Also posting as others post their convention photos in the social media groups.

Working on my King Mog. And trying to get Moogle wings to work.

4 Likes