Learn Japanese together

Ya whats drops lol

I have used rosetta stone, dual lingo, and online tutoring. The best for me was the tutoring

5 Likes

7 Likes

It’s very fun and engaging. Very much gamified :smiley:

5 Likes

Ahhh lol. Ok I’ll check this out. I wasn’t sure what you were talking about or I’d you misspelled something. Lol. Thank you for the clarification.

6 Likes

You are welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I got Duolingo app to learn, it seems to be a popular language app.

6 Likes

@Asuna yeah it is pretty good. I have it and the ability to use it on the internet when on a computer. To be honest it’s like playing a game. Then you have friends that you compete against

5 Likes

I use Duolingo daily and actually I’m learning quite hard stuff now such as saying if I travel alone or not, when do I work and what do I do which is actually cool, the only thing I’d say I had to include studying through a Japanese workbook I bought on a library simply because Duolingo doesn’t really explain certain grammar rules or certain things (like how in Japan addressing someone as anata for you is considered rude, but Duolingo have been calling me Anata for the past 9 months :joy::joy:)

7 Likes

I saw in many advising videos in Japan, Anata was also used in regard to the audience. Grammar is always the tough one :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

play and learn, a great combination indeed, just take it easy

4 Likes

Yeah you can’t beat that combination. Kinda forget I’m learning at the same time. Well supposed to be. I’m learning Hawaiian. So it’s a journey for sure

5 Likes

I tried audibles because of my job. But cant seem to retain what i learned.

6 Likes

I was using duolingo for a while too but I hate how the streaks are at midnight! I want them to be around 1am since I like to do it before bed

5 Likes

Is that App free? Like with ads ect,??

3 Likes

Yup free and it is pretty good.

3 Likes

There is an annual sub available with duo…

3 Likes

I’ve seen multiple Japanese natives who teach gringos like us how to speak Japanese say that we should be wary of Duolingo, it teaches many things incorrectly. Do a search on YouTube for that topic to verify.

2 Likes

As someone who is Bilingual (French/English)I can verify Duolingo is often wrong, as is Google translate.

3 Likes

Use everything at your fingertips to learn, Japanese isn’t easily translated into a simple form like Romance languages for instance.
As Romance language native, it’s easier to grasp because of some similarities and pronunciation.

3 Likes

みんなさん、
日本語を勉強は難しいですよ、がんばってくださいね!

“Hey everyone,
Studying Japanese is difficult, please do your best!”

Also, keep in mind, you’re already trying to learn, that’s a step forward. Many others don’t even dare to do so. With that said, be easy or hard on yourself, regardless of the skill level. What matters is that you don’t give up (so easily).

We all try our best in the methods and resources available to us. I have a paid version of Duolingo, and took virtual classes with local Japanese community.
I said it before, you need to set your goals clear. If you want to learn, immerse yourself in it!

4 Likes