MAGFest 2023

I’ve got Steel City Con next month, but that’s more pop culture than anime, so skipping that one and going to more of our group: MAGFest!

January 6-8, 2023 at the Gaylord Resort in National Harbor, MD. Focused on Music and Gaming, numerous concerts to include chiptunes, jazz, and band covers of gaming and anime music.

7 Likes

I’ll be there. Well the Friday and Saturday, I got work Sunday.

6 Likes

PSA: MAGFest has just announced that Ellen McLain (Portal’s GLaDOS and Team Fortress 2’s Administrator) and John Patrick Lowrie (TF2’s Sniper) will be attending.

Terrific people to meet. I do have a problem: She signed my Portal Gun, but over time the autograph has faded. What can I coat it with to preserve it?

7 Likes

Thats awesome, Love TF2 Haven’t played in such a long time

6 Likes

Nice picture and signatures. That is cool

3 Likes

So consensus says I should get the Portal Gun redone with paint markers, then cover with a lacquer. Now I’ve got to find the right orange and blue ones. Where do I get them? Would a local art store have them?

4 Likes

Chef Mario is ready for MAGFest!
Also to see: Moogle (Final Fantasy Photoshoot Friday) and Doctor Mario (Nintendo/Smash Bros Photoshoot Saturday)

6 Likes

Looking awesome.

3 Likes

I totally forgot about this event this weekend. I’m trying to pull some strings to try and get off tomorrow lol. If anything I’ll be there Friday and Saturday

3 Likes

I love your cosplay so much! Getting hungry too, haha! -Liz :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Hey so imma try and make it there. Trying to get over the fact it’s gonna cost me like $135 just for one day. Only day I’ll be able to go otherwise $135 for three days isn’t bad.
@SquallMano if I go imma find you! Lol

4 Likes

Chef Mario was received so well! And it was great getting to meet 8-Bit Drummer. Follow him on Twitch i

5 Likes

Moogle today!

4 Likes

Dang. Imma miss it. Imma try and get there like I said. Helping my sis move in

3 Likes

5 Likes

Looking good brother. Don’t think imma make it

1 Like

Chef Mario was received VERY well! Had to explain Yoshi’s Cookie to a couple people I came across, but they loved the dedication in the props and being a witty character.

Only one Yoshi showed up to the Nintendo Photoshoot and he was perfect. As Chef Mario cooked the Yoshi egg you could hear and audible “oh no…” when the audience realized what was happening.

People also enjoyed how I could swap out the signs and quick change into Dr. Mario and back.

And on Sunday I ended up joining an Eeveelution maid cafe. They had such beautiful craftsmanship, but since we were all food service-themed, they pulled me in for a few pictures.

4 Likes

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for the pics, sorry I couldn’t attend. One day I’ll do a cosplay.

4 Likes

And Doctor Mario was done pretty well. Unfortunately, condensation on the windowsill messed with some of the pictures, so I need to redo it. Next prop: slapping a picture of Miia on a flask so Dr. Mario here is a…snake-girl oil salesman!

5 Likes