Memorable Video Game You’ve Played?

Happy Persona 5 GIF by Xbox

Persona 5 Royal for me
I still haven’t beaten it yet. I made it to the Boss Fight against Igor but could not for the life of me beat him :face_exhaling:. It’s been 2 years since I last touch the game.

Everything in this game is way too engaging and there’s a lot of things to do.

What’s yours?

7 Likes

Bard’s Tale. The first video game I ever played that was snarky.

3 Likes

The most memorable video game for me has to be call of duty blacks ops 2. I put 1000s of hours into the multiplayer side of the game. I still have so many memories from that game and I also made some friends back then that I still talk to this day. Whether it was playing casually, 1v1s, sweaty rank matches, or wagers, those were the days for me. But some of the best moments were in custom games messing around.

And I didn’t even mention the zombies part of the game. Black ops 2 had some of the best zombie maps with Mob of the Dead, Buried, and of course Origins. Going for high rounds, completing the Easter eggs, and pulling all nighters; all of that was so much fun in zombies.

And another reason black ops 2 was so fun was because the YouTube scene was blowing up back then. You had so many content creators that uploaded bo2 content on the daily. And of course you had the controversies with some of the dev updates (looking at you Vonderhar with the DSR 50 nerf that gave you death threats lmao).

There’s a reason why people say call of duty just isn’t the same anymore, and it starts with the passion the devs put into the game. Activision just doesn’t give two craps anymore about cod imo and only sees it as a cash grab year after year.

5 Likes

Same here great game I got persona 3 reload

5 Likes

Final Fantasy VI and Crono Trigger.

I was road tripping with my mom to my uncle’s funeral and I made her endure the FFVI soundtrack along the way. A couple minutes of hearing the warbling and she’s exclaims in surprise “This game has an OPERA?!” So I got to tell her about the story and the themes and how there is depth beyond jumping around to reach a goal line. I wanted to name my son Sabin, but people that didn’t know would think I named him after football coach Nick Saban.

And I was telling my stepson the story of Chrono Trigger as a bedtime story. Told it in pieces over multiple nights. I know I’ve got him engaged with the vivid storytelling when I could see tears as I’m describing Robo getting rejected by his brethren, how Frog came to his cursed form. We got to the undersea palace, but things happened and I didn’t conclude it with him.

4 Likes

Legend of Zelda series and Final Fantasy 7 Made the biggest impressions on me as a kid and ones I got started in by my dad.
Chrono Trigger (Didn’t have a picture based on it) was one I adored too because it was one of the first games that actually involved time travel that I played and gave multiple endings depending on your choices.

5 Likes

the utawarerumono series is a cool game series it has great story with bit of srpg action but can take a while as the main games (except for monochrome mobius rights and wrongs forgotten and zan which are mosu action style releases of mask of deception and mask of truth) are visual novel format games srpg battle mixed in (prepare to replay some battles to grind exp after the initial clear bonus) that take about 40 hours to complete the story for each game but if you’re willing to give it a chance you may like it it also has an anime only the 2006 original and the second part known as the false faces are in english dub as far as i know at the time i wrote this (the third part is in english sub though)

5 Likes

Should of still went with that name bro, Explain to people " Nah I named him after a man who Suplexed a ghost train"

5 Likes

I love this game, Wild arms 2 was my intro to Jrpgs. Every minute was fun and I got lost for hours, Wild arms is a game that does not hand hold your hand no compose no marker to show you were you are going you had to read every bit of text and dive deep into the story and get the directions. The characters were fantastic, soundtrack was simple but it still one of my favorites. Based off of old spaghetti westerns it really did well being a cowboy-scifi type of jrpg. I even wanna believe its what put me on track to watch Dbz since it was the first game I had played that had one of the characters have a transformation.

More then likely also the reason for my demon addiction lol

5 Likes

The Elder Scrolls series

4 Likes

I always tend to go back to play Minecraft from time to time, I used to be super addicted to it and have logged so many hours playing the game, mainly just single player. It was my Zen game so to speak.

4 Likes

My other goto’s were GTA5, Never cared for online but I 100% completed single player and done everything in single player mode you can possibly do. I used to use it also as way to vent anger after I beat it 100%.

Then there was ton’s of hours logged in on Guitar Hero (remember that?) I loved that game, but I’m also big into music. though I never had any musical talent, at least Guitar Hero allowed me to pretend I did.

And lastly Was Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 and 2! I got hundreds of hours invested into that game. Funny enough Xenoverse two is still getting support to this day! I need to get back into it eventually, but it was a major time sink!

3 Likes

I have put literal years into mine craft being unemployed and all, can only beat Skyrim, Fallout, GTA, 2worlds, saints row 4, Star Trek so many times :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

There are so many video games I have played since I had the Xbox 360 and now Xbox One. I guess the memorable video game I played would be Gears of War. I love using the lancer. Part machine gun/chainsaw. You can either shoot or cut your enemy in half.

4 Likes