Nostalgia of the old animes

Discussing anime/ manga of the 90s etc.

8 Likes

My favorite was Robotech. I was amazed by that anime series.

7 Likes

GIF by Bluefin Collectibles

7 Likes

I really like the Medabots anime, but Zoids, man, this anime had blown my mind when I saw it as a kid. The figures based on this series are still sick tho

9 Likes

Both Robotech and Zoids are great, I collected the Dvds,Mangas, figures when I was young surprisingly their still sold today :smile:.

9 Likes

PokƩmon can never fall short even now :smiley:

9 Likes

Animes I really loved but I donā€™t remember what exactly they were about XD

• Samurai Troopers
  • Shurato
  • Patlabor
  • Silent Mobius

Terrible memory + probably too sleepy or young to understand what they were talking about anyway xD

8 Likes

I donā€™t know Iā€™ve been hearing some bad things about the new pokemon game and the art style.
Mind you I donā€™t play the game, just collect cards & toys but enough of the people I know say its really not good.

5 Likes

Well the ā€œ90sā€ was just to say none of the new anime/ manga, I truthfully could have started with the 60s seeing as I have some figures from then.
But thanks for pushing it back.:smile:

6 Likes

So I am playing the game and I can agree with what everyone is saying. But Iā€™m also overlooking a lot of it because itā€™s not all that bad. Im not a PokĆ©mon fanboy either, I just like playing the games. That being said Iā€™m just coming it from the perspective of an average player. Itā€™s not that bad, itā€™s actually quit enjoyable.

7 Likes

10 Likes

I had so many of those models growing up. I had the sabertooth tiger the shark and the liger. I miss them so much i look up their prices and still canā€™t afford them.

9 Likes

wowā€¦ Volton I completely forgot about this one.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: 80s were great for Animeā€¦

7 Likes

Yo, thatā€™s sick. As a child, I looked at them and could only dream. And the prices, yes, thatā€™s the thingā€¦

4 Likes

I loved Robotech, looking back at it I am surprised with all the intricate stories of war and its complex characters, very ahead of whatever else was on TV at the time. I would also like to add Gatchaman or G-Force, I think thats the first anime I watched.

10 Likes

In regards to zoids I usually buy the lots on ebay understanding that some are missing pieces but I usually just custom any parts/ pieces I need with what i have.
I mean can you tell where I customed these?

5 Likes

7 Likes

Damn I wish I still had my Zoids.

6 Likes

I think the oldest anime Iā€™ve ever watched that was considered pure anime was spice and wolf.

5 Likes