Sub or Dub?

This old debateā€¦

Largely itā€™s preference. The voice acting for English dubs has improved dramatically in the past decade or so. The biggest complaint I always here is being true to the original show, which is fine. But no matter what, unless you become fluent in Japanese, translations are just that, whether dub or sub. Even then, there are just some things a foreign audience will never get, specifically the million little cultural references.

Just watch what you want.

3 Likes

Hey, does anyone know if there are any plans to dub Bocchi the RocK!? I tried following the sub but it scrolls too fast.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like as of now

3 Likes

Dubbed. Iā€™m a multi tasker and I am not fluent in Japanese. Itā€™s hard to do anything when needing to keep up with the subtitles. Plus sometimes itā€™s going to fast and Iā€™m not a speed reader. I personally prefer dubbed as I cannot stay still watching TV. I always have to do something else on the same time :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, case-in-point, Bocchi Rocks. Subs are WAAAAY too fast.

3 Likes

@somwhere YEAAAA YOU READING THAT!!

3 Likes

All valid reasons for preferring dubbed. As long as your consuming the media I will not judge youā€¦.to harshly. Just kidding.

3 Likes

Sad Cry Me A River GIF by The Bachelor

2 Likes

Wayward Guide GIF by Tin Can Bros

2 Likes

Not Yet I still gotta get that man Beestie

1 Like

Easy Peasy Atlanta Real Estate GIF by Glennda Baker

2 Likes

Dub as I want to watch the show, not read it. American voice acting has improved dramatically in the past two decades.

4 Likes

I wish I felt the same way. For me itā€™s not any better. Itā€™s hard for me to sit there and watch a dubbed anime, Iā€™ve tried and have, always go back to subbed. Personal preference I guess. As long as we can enjoy it and talk about it thatā€™s all that matters.

3 Likes

So long as I can poke my good friend somwhere here it doesnt matter lol at the end of the day we are all enjoying it

4 Likes

mad city fox GIF by Gotham

3 Likes

dancing_girls

4 Likes

When actually watching the series, I tend to drift to subtitles. If Iā€™m using it more for background noise, I use dubs. Though I do sometimes check out the dubs if they sound better and/or Iā€™m curious about the dubs.

3 Likes

Morning Gobbo.

2 Likes

26 days laterā€¦ deamnā€¦ if only 28 days laterā€¦ then the real fun beginsā€¦

3 Likes

I watched Fire Force dub because I didnā€™t have a choice :sob:, but I find it SUB , and I will watch it in Japanese for sure.

3 Likes