Welcome new members! Please read this first

I’m so happy you joined my Otaku community!

To keep things safe and productive, here are a few community guidelines for everyone to follow.

Important notice: This is a 13+ community

Any users under this age limit will be instantly removed from the platform.
Any NSFW content will not be allowed.

What I love to see

• Posts about your favorite anime, merch, and hobbies.
  • Posts supporting other talented Otaku Fam members.
  • Your questions, ideas, and suggestions.
  • Positive and constructive input.

What I don’t like

• Discrimination, harassment, and hate speech.
  • Self-promotion or marketing spam.
  • Explicit, violent, or disturbing content.
  • Anyone who goes against these guidelines will be removed from this community.

Perks and Levels

Anyone is allowed to join the Otaku Fam Community.

• Here your activity is rewarded with special badges and trust levels!
  • If you are a Legendary Otaku box subscriber or were in the past, you are eligible to join the Legendary Lounge. To apply for the Legendary Lounge (IF you are not in there yet), please send the e-mail address you used to subscribe to The Otaku Box, and your Community Name to support@theotakubox.com and you will be upgraded!

*All activity and good Community behavior will be rewarded by upgraded Trust levels, ultimately giving you the status of Moderator!

Trust Lvl 0: New User is the standard level for all new users.
You are able to like, comment, have a card background, and invite new users.

Trust Lvl 1: Basic User can be reached by entering 5 topics, reading 5 posts, and spending 30 minutes on the forum.
At this level, you are allowed to create a topic, share links, edit posts, send personal messages, flag posts, embed media, and upload profile backgrounds.

Trust Lvl 2: Member is allowed to create a topic, share links, edit posts, send personal messages, flag posts, embed media, and upload profile backgrounds, edit Wiki posts and ignore posts from their feed.

Trust Lvl 3: Moderator can post self-made Wiki, moderate other people’s posts, and keep the Otaku Forum a safe and fun place for everyone!

Customize your favorite Theme! by tapping the three lines in the upper right corner, and selecting one of many fun themes for your profile!

To further customize a theme by mixing color palettes and backgrounds, you can tap your
profile image, then the “Preferences” icon, choose “Preferences”, go to “Interface” and select from these drop-down menus:

SPOILER POLICY
When discussing spoilers in anime, please blur the text or images with the “Spoiler” tag, here is how to use it: When posting, tap on “Upload” and select an image. It will show as a line of text:

Select the text and tap the Gear icon, and then “Blur Spoiler”

The image/text will be blurred until tapped or clicked:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

Need help?

If you have any issues with your Otaku box account or receiving your monthly box items, please contact support@theotakubox.com

Let’s have fun together!

-Liz🌸

25 Likes

Hey Liz I just wanted to say thank you for creating this. I’m sure I could have found something like this else where but I’ve been more or less just still coming out and embracing the fact that I’m into all this anime stuff. Growing up I was more keeping it hidden and insecure of the fact that I was into it all. The past two years I said the heck with it and could care less what people think or say. From broadening my anime catalog to collecting figures(thanks to you) to even going to my first anime convention a couple weeks ago(anime USA). I truly looked forward to reading others opinions, like and dislikes about anime. But also just being part of a community that shares a common interest. Thank you once again.

17 Likes

Awww! I am always so happy to hear someone’s story like this!
I am so happy that you have embraced this part of yourself, and I am sure you will have so much fun here with everyone, and who knows, coordinate to go to cons together, give tips on best collectors practices, play online games, etc.

So many good things can come out of a place like this, which is precisely why I made it!
P.S. there is a phone app too, so you can always talk to me on the go as well :heart_eyes: -Liz​:cherry_blossom:

14 Likes

I have downloaded the app. I’ll be active.

5 Likes

Hey Liz,
Long time Legendary sub here. I was just wondering if this is like the last otaku community that we used to have?

7 Likes

Hi, sweetie! It is similar to the previous Community but WAY better! Here you can create Topics, exchange tips with others, meet up and plan conventions, and show off your collections, figures, Vtubers, and Gundam models, no limits! -Liz🌸

14 Likes

I agree to the best of my abilities

9 Likes

I’m not much of a talker but it’s always nice to see what people are talking about and maby learn something new. Love your boxes.

12 Likes

I agree with you i am not much of a talker but i do enjoy seeing other people’s creations.

9 Likes

Enjoy your time in the community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @HeavyMavrick.

6 Likes

That’s super cool to come out of hiding, congrats!! Anime is finally being socially accepted in the mainstream, so it’s the perfect time. The first time I saw StarBlazers as a kid i fell in love with Anime. I used to do a lot of graff and there was always room on a wall for a character here and there. Anyway, it’s good to see people getting into it, regardless of judgement by people who think we’re juvenile or whatever. Cheers!

6 Likes

Neither am I, but everyone here gets you to talk give it time lol either way welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome @Onedeus

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Onedeus . Yeah I’m a much better person now. Not just due to anime but just leveling up per day.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m sure a lot of us are like that. But it’s helped me alot. Hopefully you stick around, looking forward to great conversations.

4 Likes

@Onedeus Welcome to the Otaku Fam :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

What is said app, because i think the discourse app isnt working anymore

5 Likes

I was referring to Discourse. Discourse is working fine, maybe delete it and re-install

5 Likes