Would you spend the money on 1 figure? Or what one figure would cost would you get multiple?

Just wanted to see what everyone else thought. To be honest I’m in a bit of a pickle here. There’s a really nice Azur Lane figure but for the price of one 1 can get like 2. . . . Do I just get all three?

4 Likes

This is very good question and yet difficult :disappointed_relieved: I guess it depends on the figure. If that one is unique and exactly by your desire, then big yes!

6 Likes

But I do like the option to get all three :joy: that’s so me

6 Likes

Yeah I’m really looking at all three. If I can get them to let me come in for two days of overtime, I’m getting all three. I’ll sacrifice my free time and life for a few figures.

4 Likes

hahahha well can’t wait to see all three figures soon here :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Ahaha I love the resiliency on giving up free time for the figures, I think I would do the same in your situation!!I’d just try and go for all 3 :joy:

7 Likes

I gave myself a veto on figures lol. And then started buying artbooks to compensate xD. If I find a really pretty sculpture of my fave husbando figure, I stil need to get it.

6 Likes

Geesh! I guess I’ll be getting all three. Unfortunately they aren’t giving me OT. So I guess it’s gonna have to be a time of not spending on Red Bulls and what not. Gunpla is gonna have to wait. I need my Azur Lane figs.

5 Likes

Really depends on what you want to get. Is the cost of all three worth it to you, or would one do for you for now.
I kind of over do it with figures myself and like to buy teams or all the main cast of a show I or manga I like in figure form. That being said I really have recently cut back a lot on what I buy, I ask myself does this really bring me “joy” or am I just collecting to collect again.

I used to try to collect to get a whole collection of stuff, but it got tedious and I lost interest eventually and felt like a hoarder looking at all the useless stuff I had amassed. I eventually quit that hoarding/collecting lifestyle and only buy stuff I specifically enjoy and feel much happier. Just because something may be valuable and worth a lot of money does not mean it makes you happy, I found this out the hard way. Though I still feel like I have too much stuff from time to time, and usually give stuff away (easier then babysitting auction sites like ebay and trying to find buyers for niche collectables).

7 Likes

All good points. I do think I’m in a phase but then again I like what I’m buying. They do bring me joy. It’s only been the past two years. But it all has a lot to do with being kind of ashamed of being into anime and the genre and lifestyle you know. It was pretty much a eye opener and I havnt turned back and embrace every bit of it. I do slow down at times and pull the reigns on. But when I do I end up seeing another dope figure and it’s like damn! Sorry wallet.

6 Likes

Not a figure, but I’ve been considering saving money to buy a BJD… My rule is like… if I forget about it in 2 months I don’t want it that much… But it’s been a few years already so I guess it’s time :joy::joy::joy:

I often choose quantity over quality, though (as long as it’s not potato quality ofc)

6 Likes

I try to get quality over quantity. Especially lately. I’m gonna really buckle down and just do like you said and if it’s meant to be then I guess I have no choice but to get it. Lol

6 Likes

I’ve got one I really want bad, but it’s been bouncing around in the $500 to $700 US range (and it’s not anime, but cartoon). I might splurge on myself after Christmas shopping is done.

8 Likes

Hahaha. F the shopping. Take care of you! Lol easy for me to say no kids, wife, or significant other. But $500……that’s a bit up there. What does a kidney go for on the black market?

5 Likes

It is a tough question but if it was something I really wanted and knowing sometimes they are not easy to get, then i would probably buy it.

6 Likes

Errrr roughly $1,000 to $10,000 still not bad though, I have put some thought into the idea lol. I still go for the one figure just to complete the collection and the last ones are always up there in price.

6 Likes

Hahaha. Please tell me you didn’t really look. I couldn’t imagine it being that bad to want a figure/figures to sell organs. Geesh! Just gonna be on a diet of Granny Smith apples, pb&j and instant noodles, I’ve been working out lately I guess I can make that sacrifice.

6 Likes

Look if I said it was for science would you believe me? No no I was just curious as to what one would really go for cause I had a high number in my head turns out it wasn’t that high but still pretty good, long story short don’t judge me!!

6 Likes

Lol, I’m not judging. But now that I think about it……we can live with only one. With modern advances in medicine and science……I wonder what else I could lose and make some quick cash…let me do some research​:nerd_face::nerd_face:, for science of course.

5 Likes

lol Good question, I think it depends on what is needed

6 Likes