Favorite character

I have it on my tv right now

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community! I actually even don’t know if I really like any of the MCs. In most of the anime, they are not only often generic but also bear the burden of resolving any sort of plot inconsistencies with occasionally stupid twists

4 Likes

welcome @Cannibal_Yandere

4 Likes

Does Pickachu counts as anime character ? :wink::wink::wink::wink:

6 Likes

Hard to just pick one above all, it’s easier to pick one character from each series though.
My favorite character has changed many times over the years so I’m gonna narrow it down to 5 characters.

first off is the character that my username is derived from, Zoisite.
I’ve always had a thing for the villains of an anime, and Zoisite was the first anime villain I came to love back in the 90’s, it wasn’t till sometime later I found out Zoisite wasn’t a woman but actually a gay man in the anime (Thanks DiC Dub). This revelation didn’t change my thoughts on the character though as I still appreciate the character and find him appealing!

My next favorite character and this one holds up much better over the years is Frieza from DBZ. I never in my life seen anything like Frieza before I was introduced to him. He really brought the whole, “size doesn’t matter when it comes to power” trope to its knees when he transformed to his sleeker final form in the anime. Not to mention the personality of his, being well mannered polite and articulate yet the overall tone of malice oozing from him at the exact same time. He was a true villain to the core, as you really did feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness with him.

My next old school character I love, was Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo!
Ryoko’s personality with the way she was not exactly good, nor was she evil, but somewhere in the middle. You can see her evolve in the series and you can definitely tell she loved Tenchi genuinely. Not to mention her power and looks with her playful personality make her a 10/10 waifu material. I was first introduced to Ryoko in the mid 90’s when I seen her on Saturday Night Anime on the SciFi Channel back then in the “Tenchi Muyo! in Love” movie. But later bought the actual Tenchi OVA series and Tenchi Universe series on VHS and seen them uncencored way before Toonami ever aired the series

These last two are more Waifu tier then favorite Character Tier.

First is Rachnera from Monster Musumi, though she doesn’t get much air time or character development in the short anime series, as it is only 12 episodes and two OVA’s, but her character does get better development in the Manga for sure. She brings the whole don’t judge a book by its cover trope to life in the series. Rachnera, as sexy as she is, does look quite frightening and menacing, especially if you have Arachnophobia, but overall Rachnera is quite gentle and probably the most caring, understanding, and reliable girl in the whole bunch.

Lastly from my top five is Aqua from Konosuba, who in my opinion is definitely not useless, lol. Apart from being sexy overall, her character development thoughout the series is fun to watch. As Kazuma definitely doesn’t see her in “that” kind of way, their connection and development throughout the series becomes more like how best friends or siblings would act towards each other, despite all the fighting and insults they truly love each other, just not in any physical kind of way. (We all know Kazuma ends up with Megumin anyway from the light novels).

There are plenty of other characters I love, such as Tohru, Squid Girl from Ika Musume, Moneky D Luffy, Saitama, Android 18, Lina Inverse, Nagatoro, Tanya the Evil, etc., which made this list very hard make. as There are favorites in each series. But this is just the top 5 of my list, which makes it very hard to narrow it down. If I had to narrow it down to one though, I would have to pick Frieza.

7 Likes

I haven’t watched clear card either
 i hope she hasn’t changed too much xDD there are many girls I like
 but I only love these 2 lol xDD and the boys
 ahhh the husbando list is long xDDD

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Cannibal_Yandere

3 Likes

@Zoysite13 I agree with you on Frieza, such a cool villain. I remember when I first saw the Z warriors all getting their asses handed to them by this guy and I was like “Man Frieza is invincible, how are they going to beat him?” and when Goku finally arrived I was hooked! The whole battle was just legendary and in my opinion is the best arch.

3 Likes

Guts/Griffith from Berserk

Monkey D. Garp from One Piece

Kurapika from HxH

L from Death Note

62282380f7f927d8f48409b0095bd49a

Sucy from Little Witch Academia (literally me fr fr)

5 Likes

Yo Jojo!

Sorry for the late reply, however I agree with your stances. They also seem to have the thickest plot armor and yes when plots come around they get through it wayyy to easy. I mean the whole cast will struggle but not them.

4 Likes

Sucy is my favorite from the anime. I have the nendoroid of her.

2 Likes

Is that Overlord?

3 Likes

Shoot I’m not even sure. I been thinking for a few hours now and I want to say yes but I’m not sure. Lol

3 Likes

I am almost 100% sure that is Overlord

5 Likes

The one in Devil May Cry :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Totoro 100%

4 Likes

@MakimaFeet I can see from your last three picks you have a preference.

4 Likes

emo/goth is the vibe I’m getting.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I literally laughed out loud at DiC Dub!!!

3 Likes