Steel City Con Winter: December 8-10

So Steel City Con, just outside of Pittsburgh, is just starting to announce their guests…

Staff does have a uniform, but I asked my supervisor if I can get an exception for this one event…

3 Likes

Need one in Texas, preferably in Houston, Austin, or San Antonio

3 Likes

GalaxyCon Austin is this weekend, I think.

3 Likes

Is this Pittsburgh, Illinois , Pittsburgh, Indiana , or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania?

3 Likes

Pennsylvania. I was not aware of multiple Pittsburghs. Thank you.

I’m of the sentiment of “F*** Pennsylvania”, just because the ex took my son there and I have to make the road trips to see him…

4 Likes

Well there’s an anime con northeast of San Antonio that I’m gonna try during the exact same weekend, if that helps. It’s 18+ though, and I fear it may end up too much for me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Boom! Just got me a ticket!

4 Likes

Galaxy on has been amazing thus far. Here’s Jonathan Frakes and Gates McFadden from Star Trek TNG

3 Likes

4 Likes

You should probably start your own thread for that con.

3 Likes

Did they approve you for Dr. Mario?

3 Likes

I won’t know until we get closer. It’s three months away.

3 Likes

Bumping, especially for those recovering from GalaxyCon Columbus.

For the non-anime, this is big as it is a Scream reunion and especiallly A Christmas Story. The actors that play Ralphie, Randy, Schwarz, Flick, Scut Farkus, and Grover Dill His Little Toady.

We also have (I’m aware of other roles, I’m just listing the most prominent I woud see them for):

Tara Strong (Final Fantasy’s Rikku, don’t know what I’ll prepare since she’s already done the FFX and the Keyblade)
John Cleese (Monty Python is the only correct answer)
McKenna Grace (Phoebe Spengler from Ghostbusters)
Sandy Fox (Sailor Moon’s Chibi Usa/Wicked Lady. Yes, I’m using Liz’s pillow along with the wand stand)

Annnd (In case you didn’t see the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts enthusiasm)

We’ve got Alec Baldwin.

People have been asking to stand behind him in the photos instead of in front of him…

3 Likes

I’ll be working with Tara Strong this weekend. Already got Rikku autographs, so bringing the items perhaps for her display.

So the ex-wife and her lawyer are comedically dishonest/ignorant about my taking my son to pop culture/anime/video game conventions. Supposedly they’re all adult content. Rebutted afterwards with “Here’s us with Charles Martinet, the voice of Super Mario. LeVar Burton of Reading Rainbow. Jason Marsden voices Goofy’s son Max…”

I could conceivably get three voices of Hello Kitty, My Little Pony’s Twilight Sparkle, Zootopia’s Flash the Sloth, and Super Mario as character witnesses…

4 Likes

You know you are doing good when they have to make up lies

4 Likes

4 Likes

We have Sandy Fox here. Pittsburgh native, terrifically friendly woman. I got to tell her about Sailor Moon being my introduction to anime while having limited English-speaking channels on satellite dish while in newly-formed Belarus.

Added Chibiusa to go with Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Neptune.

4 Likes

Great seeing Tara again. She’s a huge amount of the cartoons we grow up with.

She was impressed with my adding other voices to the Final Fantasy X case.

3 Likes

3 Likes

A better view of the wand and pedestal after meeting Sandy Fox this weekend.

4 Likes