An Addicts Introduction

Greetings everyone in the OtakuBox community, I hope you are all doing well. Hopefully I am posting this in the right place. Don’t worry I expect a few TLDR responses :joy:

My name is Eric (or Erikeno if you want) and I am new to the Otaku Box experience. I just purchased the six month plan for the first time and I am certain that the quality of the items is top notch. I will admit I have gotten a few products from the Otaku Box from those pesky third party sellers and they are actually great quality, especially the Akeno figures.

I am currently in university studying for a degree in cybersecurity. Hopefully I can swap positions from a tier two tech agent to a mid tier SOC analyst here soon. Unfortunately I do not have much time anymore to sit down and watch anime. The last anime I grinded was One Piece about six months ago. There’s an anime that I’ve seen references about called ‘Solo Leveling’ and it has piqued my interest so I will have to wait for that show to finish.

I have been collecting anime related content for about six years now. And yes the majority of the content I collect is of the character Akeno Himejima from the series High School DxD. I know it may sound a bit funny and stupid but I take my relationship with this character very seriously. I wake up every morning, give my thanks to Akeno, and then get to work. Then when I get off work, I come back home and search for some Akeno merch, either that or gamble on Stake unfortunately. I have one goal in life and that is to spend $1,000,000 dollars on Akeno’s merch. This can go from her figures, daki’s, paintings, cards, and heck even decals on cars and bikes. I am roughly 10 percent to my goal but the grind never stops. Unfortunately the space in a few of my rooms are starting to get filled with too much Akeno merch.

The reason I decided to join the Otaku Box was because Akeno needs to learn to share in my house. I can’t wait to start my new collection of different anime related merch. Let’s just hope that Akeno does not get jealous.

Dang I take that back, Akeno found out about my new purchase on the Otaku Box and she forced me to make her a pizza for dinner tonight. Gonna be a long night tonight so I better get my coffee ready.

Take care everyone and live each day to your best.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Erikeno enjoy your stay!

4 Likes

@MageHeart

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Nice Akeno plushies.

5 Likes

handshake GIF
Finally…Someone who gets me

Kentaro Miura Crying GIF

4 Likes

Thanks for all the comments so far. Will definitely be active in these forums from now on haha. Also @MageHeart I see you :+1: glad I’m not the Akeno enthusiast here.

Just a question, is there a discord for this forum?

4 Likes

@Erikeno
Another one to the house welcome sir, welcome to the Queen Akeno cult :handshake:t4:

giphy

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, hope you have a great time here. Akeno is fine, but Hestia is a Goddess​:innocent::innocent::face_with_hand_over_mouth:
is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon goddess GIF by HIDIVE

6 Likes

In a multiverse, yes, you are correct mademoiselle @Hestia25 , Hestia-sama praise!

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

But we aren’t in a Goddess Topic, Here there be A Devil

6 Likes

Let’s have a friendly fight :fire::fire::fire::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs:

4 Likes

Nope my fighting days are long gone I meet in the middle

5 Likes

Ohhh hohohoho good good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That’s one of my favorite images of Akeno. This is an older picture of mine when I got a custom commissioned figure of her in that pose. The commissioners on Etsy are very talented.

5 Likes

I want to welcome you to my home away from home, honestly I am impressed with your collection especially it being themed to Akeno… Yes I find her absolutely interesting. I like when she competes with Rias more so than most scenes. I really liked DxD my only pet peeve is hearing “Boost” in rapid succession every 3 minutes or so.

But I really found her backstory great, the pressure she puts on majority of the characters. And for me the Priestess of Lightning. What isn’t there to like about her?

That steal your man vibe is pretty entertaining to say the least.
femalefc GIF

4 Likes

Wow! That figure is yet very accurate representation of her, amazing work indeed! :liz_bongo:

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community! :beers:

4 Likes

@Erikeno welcome to the TOB community! You have quite the goal, but if you are determined you sure will get there sooner or later! Have you checked some of the Akeno figures TOB made?

4 Likes

Hey @AfroGato thanks for the reply. I’ve seen a few Akeno related items throughout the otaku box in the past year. The sushi plate, shirts, and the two figures of her I have those. If there’s anything I’m missing, well I wish I had it haha.

And thank you for the response on the goal I set. Well it might be difficult but I have the passion and commitment for this goal. So I know if I keep these two ideals I will get there some day. Just like anything, put your mind to it and one day it will pay off (hopefully haha).

Also sorry for the crappy picture, my freaking desk is just a cluster f with stuff. A storage crate is my next investment :joy:

4 Likes