Any Manga recommendations?

I’ve not read much manga as I’m more of an anime person but I would like to get more into it. I’ve read all of blue exorcist and demon slayer and at the moment I’m enjoying reading komi can’t communicate so I was just wondering if there are any Manga similar or even completely different so I can experience some new styles of manga. Id love to hear some recommendations from everyone.

4 Likes

I’d recommend Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous). Years ago I watched the first (and the only one) season of the anime and found it OK but pretty meh. Later checked the manga and was incredibly surprised. It’s quite deep and original. It is still ongoing, but almost has come to a logical end (the main plot has ended), being a relatively short piece of art, I’d recommend it to every people just for the sake of familiarity. By and large, this is a philosophical work with a bunch of exciting twists

3 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation I’ll definitely put it on my list. :grin:

4 Likes

That art has a very distinct Moebius flavor to it…

3 Likes

It all depends on your tastes,

Are you into slice of life? Isekai? shonen?, shojo?, Ecchi?, Shorter stories or longer stories? finished series or ongoing?, etc?

Here are a few I follow myself.

first up is “My Wife Has no Emotion”

It’s a cute slice of life manga about a guy who accidently makes his household robot chef his wife, but falls in love with her anyway. Is there more going on in that machine head then he realizes as she seems to grow and learn more then her initial programming and seems to be self aware!

Next is “Chillin in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers”

It’s an isekai manga, revolving around the typical isekai protag who gets summoned to another world to save it, only to be rejected because his stats are complete trash when evaluated and is quickly replaced by another summon hero the kingdom summons instead. He is informed that they are unable to send him back to his world so they give him some gold and basically abandon him deep in the forest to make his own way. After he is attacked by a monster and defeats it, he suddenly levels up and unlocks OP states in everything, and quickly finds out the kingdom actually intended for him to be killed by a monster in this very dangerous forest then drop him off in.
I know it sounds generic but its a very good read actually!

Next is “Survival in another world with my Mistress”
51QYfYMAsqL
Yeah, another Isekai and the title is misleading from what the original Japanese title was. Have you ever wondered what living in a fantasy world with of all things -Minecraft- video game powers? Yeah that’s what this is, except no one else in that world has these skills and it’s your typical fantasy world. It is Ecchi with sex scenes, but they don’t get in the way of the story and are not the main focus.

Next is “Creature Girls: A Hands-on Field Journal in Another World”

Yet another Isekai (I love my Iseka manga and anime, lol :sweat_smile:). This series revolves around two friends who end up getting transported to another world full of monster girls! Both protags, get summoned to different parts of the world and have no idea that each other have been transported. The main protag has one goal, to become the monster girl harem king! This series is very very ecchi, and can be quite contriversial in the story overall. But it has a different take on monster girls, on a biological and culteral standpoint on how they evolved essentially from humans and goes into great detail of how everything works so to speak! Though the writter does have a bit of a incel vibe to him with his storytelling and has some hot takes I don’t quite agree with. The story is interesting at least!

Next is a short series called “Love In Hell” which you can buy the entire series in one thick book, but there is a two volume sequel spin-off as well.

Basically the protag dies, and ends up in hell of all places. Turns out it don’t take much to end up in hell. You essentially get assigned a demon to torture you, as you have to atone for all your sins via torture before you are able to finally leave hell and go ascend to heaven. Also society in hell isn’t much different then earth, except the currently is based on torture points earns to buy everything…including cloths. The protag isn’t fond of being tortured (understandable) but does begin to fall in love with the demon girl he was assigned! Bit of a love story with some light ecchi and a bit of gore.

Lastly for now, is “Don’t Toy with Me Miss Nagatoro”

This one did get an anime adaption, but I started the series as a manga myself before it got an anime adaption. It’s a high school rom-com a about a guy who ends up being getting the attention of a certain delinquent girl and her friends, and ends up on the receiving end of their teasing. But things blossom from there and a bit of romance starts to happen along with lasting friendships as well. The manga goes way past where the anime left off.

I got many others as well, but I mainly wanted to list some I follow that isn’t mainstream mostly and does not have an anime adaptation (Except for Nagatoro).

5 Likes

Yea know I’m glad you brought Survival in another world with my Mistress up I was gonna buy the first and give it a go now I will

3 Likes

il_340x270.3976995458_727n

3 Likes

Thank you for all the recommendations

3 Likes

My August will be busy with this list. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

How about something in the vein of “Toradora”? I’m good for anime but need some new manga to read in the evening as I wind down.

3 Likes

I actually have one for this. “my youth romantic comedy is wrong as i expected” or also known as oregairu is a really good anime that has a just as good manga. It’s actually one of my favourite ROM COMS and one of the few manga I’ve read. One that I haven’t read but I heard was good and along the lines of ROM com is love hina. I can’t give much feedback on it because I haven’t yet read it but I hope you enjoy it if you do and let me know if it’s any good :+1:

4 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll give them a look see.

5 Likes