Hello im deathspark.

Hello there. New here. Recently purchased the annual membership box. Received my first box and love it. But also came here to talk to others.
Im not much of a manga reader but im an anime fan. And maybe lame to some since i watch dub but watching 2 kids and watching anime is tough while trying to read subs.
My top 5 anime are not really in any particular order are:
Cyberpunk edgerunners
Lycoris recoil
Frieren
AOT

Glad to be here though what are your favorite animes?

Im currently watching classroom of the elite

9 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood! You’ll find many like-minded folk here. I’m a dub fan, too. @somwhere is a sub-elitist-snob. :grimacing: :bear:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community. Hope you have a good time here. Nothing wrong with subbed even though I’m against it lol. As long as you enjoy it it really doesn’t matter, also your top 5 is pretty good, just get rid of that trashy anime AoT and replace it with greatness/perfection OVERLORD. lol once again welcome!

6 Likes

Overlord is fair. Im a big albedo and shalltear fan. The ending of AOT did dissappoint me but everything before that is really good.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s one of the ones I just can’t and couldn’t get into. Overlord is one of my favorites and time time greatest, I know a lot of people don’t feel the same but that’s what’s great about anime, we can all still get along even though we have different preferences in anime

5 Likes

I do agree. Overlord is easily in my top 10 though. I know not as many people are fans of shalltear as they are of albedo but i actually prefer shalltear. But i like vampires.
And aot is understandable too. Its not for everyone.

4 Likes

I’m one of several Albedo fans in here and I do like Shalltear as well.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family :heart:

Lycoris Recoil is a great contender in my eyes. If I had to choose a favorite anime I would have to say probably a tried and true DBZ. Although I have to put The Time I got reincarnated into a slime up there as well. And of course DxD well just for one reason obviously :laughing::heart:

Hope to see you around :blush:

6 Likes

I dropped dragonball after dbz and havent bothered catching back up with all the series. Slime is also another in my top 10. DxD is a fantastic anime though it has been a few years since ive watched. So thats akeno right? Akeno was my favorite next to rias

4 Likes

Nice. Groups im in on other socials ot always seems theres much more albedo fans than shalltear fans

3 Likes

There’s another Shalltear fan on here – I think @Zoysite13 maybe?

2 Likes

Welcome To The Community DeathSpark.
I hope you’ll enjoy the community here. We all have the same interests when it comes to anime. I’m sure you’ll find yourself with same-minded people.

3 Likes

Welcome @Deathspark21
This is definitely the place to find likeminded people to talk to :ok_hand:
Just dont poke the teddy bear :rofl:

I finished Misfit of demon king academy recently and thought it actually really good.

2 Likes

First of all welcome to the community @Deathspark21 I hope you enjoy it and stay a while.

Second @Beestie I’ll have to pass on Shalltear, I’ve only seen season 1 of Overlord and from what I seen of Shalltear, I’ll pass. Even though I am a major Monster Girl Lover.

Pic related:

Vampires are not really my thing, I like my monster girls a bit more Arthropoda, lol.

But I do love all Monster Girls overall, kind of my thing.

Other then being a Monster girl enthusiast, I’m also an Isekai fanboy! I love my Isekai anime/manga trash!

When it comes to anime, my top faves are KonoSuba, All things Dragonball like @Erikeno , Monster Musume, Tenchi Muyo! One Punch Man, Nichijou, Dragon Maid, etc.

I’ve been an Otaku since the 90’s before being an Otaku was cool. so I love have a great appriciation for many of the old school classics as well, and well versed in most anime.

But like you I am a fellow Dubbed Anime Watcher, as that is my preferred way to watch anime. I prefer to focus on the action on screen and not the subtitles on the bottom that flash by way to quickly for my liking. Besides unlike what the subbed elitists tell you, dubbed anime has come a long way since the 90’s and have decent voice work and translations now! You can thank anime going main stream in the past decade for that well needed improvement.

Anyway I hope you stick around and share with the rest of us!

4 Likes

Hmm, then I have no idea who the other Shalltear fan is.

2 Likes

Pixel Smile GIF
Helloooo!! @Deathspark21 fellow otaku girl here. As you can see my fav anime and Goddess waifu is Hestia, but I like any type of anime, except horrors, zombies or too gore( it make my stomach too uneasy) hope you have a great time here🥰

4 Likes

One reason i prefer dub is i started in the late 90s as a kid watching dragonball, pokemon, yugioh, etc. Toonami really helped in the early 2000s as well. But monsters are awesome. And i do also like monster musume. Good to see theres some old school fans here as well and i do agree dub has really come along way recently

3 Likes

Hello, hestia is pretty awesome. Im not much of a horror fan myself but i do like gore. Most zombie stuff ive gotten bored of but zom 100 actually impressed me.

3 Likes

The only Vampire anime I watched was Vampire Knight and it was back then in High School so I don’t even remember what it was about :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I dont think ive watched that many vampire animes either. Overlord has one. Ive watched one popular anime with vampires. Forgot the name but it was alright. Ive also watched “is this a zombie?” Which was funny. Its a trash comesy but sometimes trash comedies are great.

3 Likes