Monthly figure

Hey guys, question for you all. The latest monthly 1/9 figure appears to be missing something, it looks like there should be something held in her hand, and she doesn’t stand up correctly without it, any idea what’s missing?

3 Likes

Do you have a picture of it?, she is in a standing position so I guess It is July’s figure

3 Likes

I guess technically she’s not standing, she is on her hands and knees. However because it seems like she’s supposed to be holding onto something, mine just falls over all the time

I took a couple pics, but I keep getting a message that I cant include links or pics in the post

3 Likes

@zi0ncat yeah my Mira Suou figure likes to tip over to the left as well, I just think it’s more of a design flaw as the arms should have been spread a bit further apart to stop her form tipping so easily.

As for her holding something? I don’t know as the art on the box doesn’t depict anything and I’ve need no other full art of the character by TOB.
spoiler blurred for people who have not gotten their box yet.

but this wouldn’t be the first time we got a figure that was supposed to hold something but didn’t come with the item.
for example
Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live) was supposed to be holding a rifle, and even posed with her gripping something, but didn’t come with a rifle in the November of 22 figure box.

Then again Shion (Reincarnated as a Slime) in March of 22’s box had the same grip issue like she was supposed to be holding her sword behind her back, but the box art did not show anything being held.

Then we’ve had figures in the past that looked unfinished, like wedding Rias missing a full dress in October 22 and Just last month Akeno’s priestess robes seems miscolored or missing a layer of the white top.

So I don’t know, just a design choice as sometimes figures differ from the box slightly or just don’t come with some items. You’re always free to modify your figures the way you see fit though.

3 Likes

Quick question; do you throw away/recycle the boxes or you collect them??

3 Likes

I don’t even have enough room to show off all my figures, let alone store the boxes. I know it makes the KEEP THE BOX! people cringe, but I’m not buying these for resale value. I buy them because the person (creature, sometimes) is dear to me. I trash the box.

3 Likes

I keep my boxes. I store them in my closet. Although, some of the boxes I get come in bent or damaged. Thankfully, the figure has always been in tact.

4 Likes

I’m the same way, certain collectibles I keep boxes for, but I know the figures from otaku box are cheap and mass produced, so I don’t save boxes

4 Likes

I keep the boxes mainly for easy storage if I ever want to not display a certain figure, and if I ever move out of this apartment The boxes will come in handy for moving.

3 Likes

Interesting take, but does the boxes take too much space? Where do you store them? Basement, closet, ect?

2 Likes

She just kind of looks like she’s approaching you – seductively. I think that’s her intent, anyway, given the way different things on the cheat sheet were worded.

3 Likes

mainly my closet, but its getting full so I need to move them to my storage unit.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at buying a portable skid shed. My 5x10 storage unit has ballooned from $75/mo to $99/mo in the past 2 years.

I can buy the shed, no money down, for $80/mo and have an end of payments in site.

3 Likes

I don’t really have that option due to living in an apartment. I need to just buy a house but the market sucks! right now.

2 Likes

My figurine falls over aswell I just can’t use the mat for it to stay standing

4 Likes

welcome to the community @Viva

3 Likes

Welcome, @Viva !

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Viva

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community.

3 Likes

They might no be the best looking figures, but imo it’s a good deal if you want to collect :grinning: for cheap lol

5 Likes