Best Anime Soundtrack?

I usually only have specific songs and pieces that I like instead of entire soundtracks.

Cutey Honey OP theme
Yamato OP Theme
Peace Sign (My Hero Academia)
Make My Story (My Hero Academia)
Persona 5 soundtrack
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles (various tracks) especially Blaze, Synconicity, and Fai’s theme
Burn My Dread (Persona 3)
Hey Kids! (Noragami Aragato)
Cowboy Bebop soundtrack (especially Rain)
Pegasus Fantasy (Saint Seiya)

I find though the more I think that this list has the potential to become very large as there are so many brilliant pieces of instrumentals and songs.

6 Likes

Pegasus Fantasy (Saint Seiya) IS LIFE!!! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Awww man, right in the childhood!

5 Likes

Oh!! I just remembered 2 iconic songs:
Brave Heart and Butterfly from Digimon

6 Likes

Love those songs! I also love the opening and ending themes of Digimon 2

7 Likes

I am back watching the series in a big way. I was not aware Saint Seiya had such amazing soundtrack. Blue Dream is another theme I can’t stop listening to.

6 Likes

I like to chill to the Aria The Animation series sound-tracks… if yo have ever watch the series… you will know why

6 Likes

Vision of Escaflowne
Record of Lodoss War
.hack//SIGN

7 Likes

Vision of Escalfowne had a beautiful orchestral soundtrack that was sure to test the quality of your speakers. And the ending theme was so good! I only watched the movie once and I still remember it!

for .Hack//SIGN I dont remember much of the soundtrack, but I loved the theme for the intro!

7 Likes

The Intro is great, but had the sound track was both quite ethereal and had so much soul. Especially Fake Wings, and Key of Twilight.

But part of it is me being ancient and disheartened that so many of the classics are so often callously overlooked. Though I can sort of understand it as they are often slower paced, and thought provoking more so that turn your brain off shonen.

7 Likes

I recommend watching the show. The movie (although pretty) doesn’t have the narrative richness the show has. ^^ (And yes it does take a second to get use to the “noses”. haha)

7 Likes

Wolfs Rain and Guilty Crown have 2 of the best OSTs by far. Yokko Kanno was the legend of that era. Egoist killed that entire OST my dearest and Bios…magnificent!

Utada Hikaru did the opening for To your eternity’s “Pink Blood” amazing song for an amazing Anime.

Gundam Unicorn Opening song by sawano into the sky!!

Blue Encount Polaris that’s MHA opening for 5th season I believe

Anything Aimer and chelley is on is an automatic classic: “Brave Shine” “Nineline” will forever remain on my playlist.

I’m not sure who did the recent Overlord opening song No mans Dawn but it sounds so bone chillingly good.

Don’t forget about these Legends:
Tommy Heavenly6! Papermoom and Heavy Starry Chain

Any flipping Inuyasha opening or ending song!!! My will , Fukai Mori, every heart, my dearest!!!

Ghost in the shell!! Steve conte is a godsend .

I’m sorry I’m ranting I’m passionate about anime OSTs

8 Likes

Samurai champloo
Bleach
Cyberpunk Edgerunner

Think this is a good starter pack. but music that you can just play and just chill out. Also great fishing music.

5 Likes

Suzume no Tojimari is out, I often listen to music from the trailer. It’s called Suzume, by RADWIMPS. Very beautiful

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Such a great playlist!

The soundtrack of Rurouni Kenshin tsuioku-hen is pretty incredible too. ^^

4 Likes

Now I want to listen to all of them again! Only Great names on the list!!!

5 Likes

I’ll be sure to check the series out! Thanks for the recommendation!

4 Likes
7 Likes

Lol looks like i may need to go back and listen more

5 Likes

Aww so sad. :sob:

5 Likes