Book or Manga?

What do you prefer more Book or Manga?

5 Likes

Manga myself, as seen by my massive collection. I get more enjoyment out of a manga then an actual book as I have a hard time getting immersed in a book.

Most my heavy reading is done by reading news and politics. manga is lightweight and helps me relax.

3 Likes

You should try some. You could find some of the books very interesting.

• Malazan book of fallen (Best series there is) - Dragons, Gods, Wizards, whatever

• The Red Lion: The Elixir of Eternal Life

5 Likes

I did try a few light novels such as Monster Girl Doctor, one from Interspieces Reviewers, one from Monster Musume, one on Tenchi Muyu!, and even one hardback cover based on The Slayers series.

I just can’t stay focused and immersed in the books, very hard to keep my attention.

4 Likes

I switch back and forth between manga and Western Isekai Harem novels

5 Likes

That’s a tuff one. I do enjoy the art of the manga but you can’t beat the story telling of the novel/book. I think it’s easier to get through a manga in a short time where as a book is gonna take some time to get through. Imma have to go with the manga.

6 Likes

Personally, I prefer reading manga anyday. I like to read in general, but manga is just way more fun and entertaining to me.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Nobody reads books nowadays… Instant media has taken over mankind! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Tja… I do. No interest in media. If I want to do a brainwash, there are better ways. :laughing:

6 Likes

Imho these are different worlds, and one won’t replace the other for me. I’ve been used to reading books since childhood, in particular classical literature (which influenced my perception), and this doesn’t prevent me from enjoying manga now

6 Likes

growls in Author :bear::grimacing:

5 Likes

I like both, but manga is faster to read and I don’t feel like I should be doing something else… (I’m a very slow reader XDD)

9 Likes

You couldn’t be more right. Everything is easily excessable via the inter web. Shoot you can even get free Manga through certain sites.

6 Likes

Yeah, I get free Manga on my Kindle being a Kindle Unlimited subscriber. Working my way through Fairy Tale that way.

5 Likes

Even if a vast majority doesn’t read books, we as individuals hold the power to grow intellectually and spiritually. If the masses prefer instant media its their loss.

8 Likes

Completely agree with that one. You can make your life much better just by avoiding media as much as possible.

7 Likes

i read manga alot and even have read Shakespeare plays as a manga

6 Likes

This is so true. Especially now a days. Why I don’t have any social media. I mean I have this chat with you all and then I have discord. But that’s it. I don’t need that drama on my life.

7 Likes

Yup, same condition. I’m to old for today’s media bull@*#)@.

7 Likes