Convention Tips & Tricks

I volunteer at conventions. If you commit enough hours, you can often get your registration fee refunded or applied to the next year. My footprint typically goes from Richmond, VA, through the D.C. area, to Pittsburgh.

I maintain a tracker in Google docs that’s a little more personalized than AnimeCons, often has stuff the site isn’t tracking… Let me know if you might be interested.

Share what kind of tips and questions you might have.

5 Likes

That’s awesome. I just went to my first convention a few weeks again, anime USA. I volunteered for logistics and moved a bunch of stuff. Unfortunately the last I was to volunteer I had a family emergency. I track the conventions on animecons.com

6 Likes

Hi, @SquallMano ! I have moved your Topic to a brand new Conventions category :slight_smile:
Feel free to branch out and create many Topics on anything other Otakus might find useful, you can create a Topic for each convention and share your tips depending on the con. I am so excited to hear about all your awesome experiences! -Liz :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Awesomeness. I was guest handling for Sarah Ann Williams there. Any chance we crossed paths? Or you might have seen my Doctor Mario in the evenings.

AnimeCons.com is good, but still missing a bunch. AnimeInk in Richmond this past weekend was amazing. Ooh, I need to get Fairfax MiniCon on the schedule…

5 Likes

Hmm it’s possible. I was out there from open till about 5 Friday and Saturday. I was alone and did t dress up so I’m sure I didn’t stick out. Lol

6 Likes

I am doing my first booth at cosplay expo in vegas this december. I didnt know about animecons.com, i will need to check it out.

6 Likes

Speaking as a customer, make sure you’ve got plenty of business cards or your contact info available for a picture. My available funds go mainly to food (kinda helps to survive) and autographs, but I can get business info so I can get birthday and Christmas presents throughout the year when I do have the funds.

6 Likes

Being from out of the area, I saw a lot of people messaging for places to eat outside the venue. There’s almost always a Facebook Group or Discord where people answer suggestions for food, budget, and distance.

6 Likes

That is so super handy, I will defo look for these for next conventions!

6 Likes

Woot! Meghan Shipman is coming to my hick city!

7 Likes

@Liz little liz is helping me out at cosplay expo in vegas

7 Likes

Little liz can join any event with you anywhere

5 Likes

That’s a Great Idea! And I really need something like this

5 Likes

That is awesome

4 Likes

Awww, my pleasure to assist, sweetie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! -Liz :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Anyone doing wondercon this weekend?

5 Likes

Sadly no. Way to far away for me.

4 Likes

Someday I will attended one con

5 Likes

I remember my first. Lol. I’ve only been to two.

4 Likes

Maybe one day I will but just not at the moment.

4 Likes