New to Anime

I am new to this, I have collected sports cards and die cast racing cards in the past. I saw the as for Otakubox and decided this may be something fun to get into collecting. What would you suggest for me to look into watching, or dive into?

5 Likes

Well first would be what type of things would you say you were into?

3 Likes

Rightt! I love everything ecchi, but not everyone like that, so :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

yeah what @MageHeart said, there is an anime and manga for everything damn near. once you find an anime or mang that will only lead you to new material. like opening pandoras box, lol. for instance i started with just the basics(shonen)
Bleach
Dragon Ball Z
Sword Art ONline
Naruto
One Piece
those are a good foundation, then i got into the different genres, slice of life, drma, romance, and some adult themed(not Hentai). but i dabble in a couple lol. here are a few of my favorites
Overlord
Edgerunners
Bleach
Azur Lane
Chainsaw man
Little witch acadamie
Kill la Kill
Akami kill
Jujitsu Kaisen
Fire Force
That Time i got reincarnated as a slime
Tokyo Revengers
Glipnier
My Dress up darling

im sure everyone will give you a list and trust me you cant go wrong with any of there adive. Like i said earlier it really jus depends on what your into, they weightlifting anime, car anime, sports anime, detective anime, comedy, you name it and its there,.

i wont even judge you if you start and like Naruto or My hero. As long as you partake in the media thats a win. im glad you are here and want to enhance your life…heres to LVLing UP

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

also if you like reading check out Manwas, there essentially korean manga(comics)
solo leveling is a mist read and its getting an anime here really soon i linked the site to read it for free online.

3 Likes

hopefully we can bring them to the better side
but there are really good non ecchi anime and manga

3 Likes

Welcome to our community. Most of us have faves that others may or may not agree with. Mine is Overlord.

3 Likes

Welcome them to the community! :beers:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community! I would give a shot to some iconic anime like somwhere suggested above and see if something really caught your interest. Personally, I suggest for everyone to watch short series like My Dress Up Darling and Death Note as they tell a good story in one season, not 10

4 Likes

welcome to the community @spmeehan76 , Also everyone has a list of anime they love or hate, @somwhere is right, there really is something for everyone, unless you just hate animation period. Which I take it you don’t or you wouldn’t even be here. You have an interest? there is an anime or mange for it GUARENTEED!

Of course there are some core basics everyone loves, like most first few titles @somwhere listed.

Though for a good laugh I suggest three titles:
KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! - About a guy who dies and gets sent to fantasy setting world with one task to defeat the Demon Lord. Which is a hard task in of itself, but he get’s paired up with a party of the most useless female party members ever, but somehow though dumb luck make it work!

Next Check out:
Nichijou: My Ordinary Life - it’s a slice of life anime that pans between different characters mainly three middle school girls. This series is anything but “Ordinary” as this is some of the most random ass humor you can think of and a great source of meme’s

There are tones of other stuff, but I’ll let you discover them on your own unless you ask about them. Me personally, I’m big into the Isekai genre (isekai litterally translates to “another world” and usually focuses on a story about someone being reincarnated or transported to another world, usually in a fantasy setting, KonoSuba is an isekai) and Monster Girl anime (Monster Musume is one such slice of life ecchi comedy harem anime and is a fun watch, but definitly NSFW).

3 Likes

Be aware there are some . . . disturbing ones.

1 Like

Made in Abyss

Yet I’ve never watched it.

3 Likes

I strongly suggest MegaloBox. Season one is great, but season 2 is a masterpiece. It’s perfect for a new comer to Anime. It’s got that underdog story plus boxing!

Megalo_Box_poster

4 Likes

Disturbing… or cute???

fantasy adventure GIF by mannyjammy

2 Likes

Everyone!!! If there was ONE show to recommend to a beginner, what would it be? What is that one show that you believe would hook an anime lover for life?! Something mainstream? Something niche? I’m curious to know what would be everyone’s #1 recommendation would be. :laughing:

3 Likes
1 Like

There’s Made in Abyss… then there’s Dawn of the Deep Soul… oof!!! PRUSHKAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The Simpsons Depression GIF

3 Likes

For me it’s overlord. But then I like a lot and have a lot of favorite anime.

2 Likes