Online anime stores

I just found out thT my go to store for ordering (rightstufanime.com) “merged” with crunchyroll. I have not heard good things about crunchyroll…ever so besides Amazon is there any other stores online?

Also what do you think of this?

3 Likes

I stopped using Rightstuff. I use Solaris, TOB, and CDJ. And, of course, Amazon and eBay. But I watch reviews on vendor performance.

3 Likes

Pardon my ignorance but what is TOB and CDJ

3 Likes

Yeah be careful and do your research with eBay and amazon, lots of scammers. At least Amazon does returns easily if you do get scammed though.

I rarely use Crunchyroll Store, and trust me I don’t like using them often but sometimes they have the best deals. (currently having issues with them, got part of a recent order from them yesterday, but no tracking on the other part yet even though my account with them says it’s shipped)

But for the most part I mainly used AmiAmi, SolarisJapan, Yattajapan, Amazon, and E2046 (though patience is required for that site as the figures are custom made, or GK’s you put together an paint yourself )

3 Likes

Used to use Rightstuf a lot back in the 90’s when it was basically the only place to get anime merch and you had to order by catalog books. My only other option was to find something in store “rarely” or at the mall 100 miles away at Suncoast Video (remember those?).

2 Likes

Sorry, not enough caffeine.

TOM, not TOB.

And CDJ.

2 Likes

@MageHeart

doctor-who-peter-capaldi

2 Likes

Finally got some caffeine in ya huh

2 Likes

I’ll take a look at those sites, thanks.

I never had a problem with rightstuf i personally think crunchyroll is graping at straws for others to help them out , just saw an article today that said crunchyroll is now part of Amazon prime video. Something must be happening or has happened at crunchyroll where they’re trying to keep themselves from going under, you know

3 Likes

Crunchyroll is now available via Prime Video Channels in the U.S., UK, Canada, and Sweden , and will become available on Prime Video in more territories throughout 2024
Just anime nothing more

2 Likes

The only way I’d consider this if it was bundled with Prime, so no. I’d rather not deal with Crunchyroll.

3 Likes

Crunchyroll, the anime streaming service, is coming to Twitch Prime. Amazon announced Wednesday morning that the latest Twitch Prime perk is a free 30-day Crunchyroll Premium membership LMFAO I wouldnt even give crunchyroll my money So I agree with you

3 Likes

Crunchyroll is, personally, my go to when it comes to watching anime. I see nothing wrong with it and greatly enjoy using it, but that is my personal opinion.

4 Likes

I’m with you on that. Though I wish they got every anime and they have to get rid of the western agenda….its anime, translate it they way it’s intended. . .

2 Likes

I had no issues with Crunchy Roll, but I only used it once so far. I’ve ordered directly from Sentai for the complete To Love Ru anime series and had no issues either. Otherwise, I just use Amazon.

3 Likes