Private Or Not?

Random topic & nothing related to anime but I’m just curious. Is the Otaku Box something that you’ve kept private to yourself? Just to not be judge by your love one’s or friends so that they could somehow look at you differently because of it.

4 Likes

No. I have 3 otaku friends at work and I’ve tried to get all 3 of them to join.

4 Likes

Naw Josh, but i imagine some do. For me my friends and family seen this many years in the making. But in all seriousness if it’s your money no one can judge.

4 Likes

I don’t hide it. The people in my life know I’m a geek. They see me wearing waifu shirts, driving my car with anime stickers in the back window, and seeing my mancave filled with my otaku habit. I embrace it.

6 Likes

Much of the stuff I get is either stored away until needed or displayed in my room somewhere. I only keep certain items hidden.

I’m sure my family has given some looks at first, but they know full well that it’s my money, and therefore my prerogative.

5 Likes

Nope, I share my stuff on social media (which I’m a couple boxes behind) and talk about the stuff with friends and co-workers. I don’t hide my powerlevel, and have embraced my otaku life! I even give stuff I don’t want away to friends.

4 Likes

I don’t hide it. My stuff is typically on full display. I just don’t have anyone who usually cares enough to ask or to talk to about it :smiley:

5 Likes

Wait we were supposed to be hiding it this entire time… well damn

4 Likes

I suspect that anyone who answers your question, or for that matter spends a lot of time on this site, is a public otaku. No hidden pockies here

4 Likes

No it’s not meant for private. Especially the non Ecci box :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Sorry I meant no it’s not lol :laughing:

4 Likes

The only thing I hide are the 10 of my favorite ecchi wall scrolls on the walls of my bedroom. If a female came over and complained about the figures and scrolls then I know she isn’t the right one for me and she is free to leave.

6 Likes

That is completely fair, out of respect for my partner I too put it away specifically my Ecchi scrolls which is 3 from OB. I appreciate her but I prefer different scrolls that reflect the characters i find cool or inspiring or interesting.

5 Likes

I’m not hiding it. When my brother or mom guests at home they’re first to rush and check out the box :joy:

6 Likes

all my “ecchi” wall scrolls are in my bedroom area. the rest of the house has em scattered. all my figures are on full display, though the ecchi ones at least have their tops on. usually XD

6 Likes

I have a fiance’ (soon to be wife) that is as excited about the Otaku box arrival almost as much as I am. So yes, I share them. Otherwise, where would I keep my collection?

6 Likes

Bahahaha everyone knows :rofl:
I walked into work the other day to the blokes simultaniously giving me an “UWU” Haha

6 Likes

I have decals on my van (including Liz). Who doesn’t know by now?

5 Likes