Best Japanese Snacks?

Yeah I donā€™t know how many times I look down and realize I killed off a whole box.

6 Likes

Now that sounds yummy are they going to be the purple sweet potato?

3 Likes

Pocky is one of my favorites. They have a great selection of flavors and are easy to find in the states. Strawberry is my default. Another is Muchi I found a good homemade recipe that used coconut. Sticky and yummy!

4 Likes

Unsure if it is going to be that one but when they come I will take a photo

3 Likes

Most treats are kept with traditional ingredients. So I assume and hope itā€™s with the purple sweet potato. I once made a purple sweet potato casserole and it was delicious. And I enjoy buns made with this ingredient as well.

3 Likes

By purple potatoe do you perhaps mean UBE? Or is it just a regular ol purple tater. UBE is awesome, itā€™s a big thing in Hawaii. UBE ice cream, yogurt, doughnuts, you name it and Ubeā€™s in it. Lol

4 Likes

Yes. Purple yam. That sounds like some delicious food there in Hawaii. :star_struck:

4 Likes

My absolute favorite is Apollo, if anyone gets a chance to go to Japan and get some, its super yummy :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Ahhā€¦ I want to try Pocky one day! Iā€™ve never seen it in stores where I live x.x

5 Likes

Oh dang! We need to get you some ASAP. You donā€™t have an Asian market near you? If not Iā€™d volunteer to send you some.

5 Likes

Yeah I feel you on that but I just found this h mart near me and there is an international grocery store that has a really good selection. There kimbap is delicious.

4 Likes

Hope I could get it in the Japanese Aeon mall where I live :strawberry:

4 Likes

Pocky is great, especially with chocolate and nuts, I like the peach and strawbery flavour, but they have this waxy texture I am not a fan of.

4 Likes

XDDD there are some stores around here but so far I havenā€™t found Pockyā€¦ Either they donā€™t get it or people rush to buy it before me :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Well you know what they say, early bird gets the worm. Iā€™m betting they donā€™t order it. You should ask him if they could start stocking it.

4 Likes

Youā€™re rightā€¦ Iā€™m a little shy but I think asking is easier than going there and find nothing :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the worst that could happen? they tell you No! If they do just let me know and Iā€™ll call to speak to the manager. Lol. No for real if they donā€™t Iā€™ll send you a care package.

4 Likes

Hahaha!! Iā€™ll talk to them in hopes I just get a simple answer instead of a ā€œso you know the game you naughty girl :smirk::smirk::smirk:ā€ ā€¦ which is the sort of joke I know people here would make :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Pocky sticks all day everyday.

6 Likes

grins

8 Likes