Dub or sub anime

I know this is an obvious question but I want the majority of the community to see this and think about the question as of preference In some anime’s being dubbed or subbed there’s no doubt that sub is better to a lot of people but some prefer dubbed it matters how you are about it I used to even liked dubbed but I liked sub because it’s better with the characters then in dubbed and for the Japanese nature of the anime Hope to see your opinions😊

8 Likes

I’d rather see punctuation in that post…

But to answer the question, it’s interesting how both Japanese and American studios translate. Some are strict word-for-word, others are looking to convey the concepts.

I saw Call of the Night subbed, and now after meeting Natalie Rial, about to watch it dubbed.

7 Likes

Thanks I really appreciate you noticing👍

6 Likes

I watch both. I’ll watch it in Japanese first and then once all the dubs episodes are out, I’ll binge watch in English. It’s pretty cool to see how the translation might change motives, perspectives, and sometimes even the story.

7 Likes

Sorry about that, I’m pretty new here after all.

6 Likes

for me it depends. Anime based on western settings it’s dub. Eastern settings it’s sub

6 Likes

Lol. Bet you didn’t read that in one breathe. Sound like a English teacher, lol

6 Likes

I prefer subbed, for the longest time and the very begging of getting into anime I only did dubbed. But once I got more Into it subbed is just way better. When I here dubbed it just sounds like a shitty D movie, like worse then a Steven devil movie. Subbed just kinda right and it fits. I have heard anime in other languages and yeah just doesn’t work for me in English. I am American and I only speak English, sorry just my personal opinion.

5 Likes

i dont like some of the va’s for some of the translated shows…i dont mind subs

5 Likes

eye twitch at “breathe”

Just hating the run-on sentences and the extra work to separate statements.

I was the private that could read and communicate better than the staff sergeant that reads slides verbatim….

6 Likes

I started watching dubbed since I am a single mom. It is tough to be able to read the subtitles with my boys wanting my attention. I still like subtitles, but I have started preferring dubbed especially with finding voices I know from other anime.

6 Likes

I prefer professional translation of famous fandub. They are much better quality and help with anime immersion

4 Likes

Warmly welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Lol, so now I need to make errors on purpose for sure.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Beckah84

4 Likes

It depends on watch Im watching some are fun to watch dubbed but most i watch subbed i have been watching so long I dont even notice the subs most times its almost like its not there

5 Likes

6 Likes

Mine is Sub for if I’m into the “Chill and Wait with Anime” and Dub for if I’m eating and cant look up all the time.

5 Likes

I cannot watch the beautiful art and style of the anime and read the subs. Although i suppose if i learned Japanese this wouldn’t matter.

4 Likes

I like dub anime. I enjoy listening to American voice actors/actress.

5 Likes