First Anime 🐣🤩

Which is the first anime that you watched or read about as a kid or adult.

9 Likes

I think it was Saint Seiya… but I think I only started watching it because it was aired right after Kamen Raider … or Juspion?.. I think it was Kamen Raider XD

7 Likes

Watched Sailor Moon as a kid with mom. But the first one I remember being specifically called anime is Trigun.

6 Likes

Very first anime I watched when I was a little girl was ‘Hamtaro’! ^.^

7 Likes

I first I remember was Star Blazers:

Though I vaguely remember seeing Captain Harlock, too

10 Likes

I’m part of the old crowd. Thunder cats and voltron

6 Likes

Part of the old crew here

6 Likes

Every day after school I’d watch dragon ball, I was like 7 years old :joy:

6 Likes

First Anime was Inuyasha. My friend got me in to it one day and I couldn’t belive it. I thought to myself this is no cartoon i have seen and my friend said cause its Anime. I was hooked since on Anime and Inuyasha still holds a place in my heart

7 Likes

I think it could be very much same for me :smiley:

5 Likes

The first Manga I ever read was Dragon Ball. My Brother had them all and I found them so fun and easy to read.

BUT the first Anime I ever watched were these two classics Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya:

8 Likes

I remember I used to collect different Sailor Moon uniforms in paper material from a magazine for kids, then dress up for them, of course, the Sailor models were also made from paper

6 Likes

I think I was about 6 when I saw my first anime and fell in love: Granzort!
A2240-65

6 Likes

Robotech
Voltron
Dragon ball
Saber Rider

I know there are other anime movies I did watch as a kid, but I can’t remember their name. In general anything related to robots… loved it.

5 Likes

My first anime was Digimon… :grin:
digi

10 Likes

I used to do same with Pokémon :smiley:

5 Likes

I wasn’t aware that Thundercats and Voltron were anime at the time, but I watched them. The first one I remember really well and watched over and over again was Princess Mononoke, when it was first released. I remember thinking how different the animation was from anything I watched on Saturday morning and I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t until years later that I learned what anime actually was and I was hooked. Then I watched Howl’s Moving Castle and Spirited Away. That’s when I learned who Hayao Miyazaki was, and soon after that I discovered ecchi anime and I’ve been hooked since.

5 Likes

Collecting those amazing cards :grinning:

5 Likes

8 Man After
Venus Wars
Speed Racer
(a peculiar yet interesting start)

7 Likes

Kimba the White Lion in the mid-60’s, followed by Speed Racer in the late-60’s, and Star Blazers in the 70’s.
download (6)

download (7)

9 Likes