Genshin Impact

The 5-star weapons wishing banner is pretty hardcore and complicated. Even if you chose the weapon you want, and even if a golden wish comes your way, there is a 50% chance to get not the featured weapon, but some other standard 5-star weapon. The next golden wish will be guaranteed to be one of the two featured weapons, so now you have a chance of 50% to get the weapon you chose. Only then, if you lose this 50% and got the second featured weapon (a polearm in this case), the next golden wish you get will be 100% the weapon you chose. So it requires 3 golden wishes (which is insane) to receive the weapon you chose… When doing a single wish, the chance to get a gold one is 0.6% and the guaranteed one will be after 80 wishes. So if I want some weapon for sure, I need to start saving primos for a couple of months, because in the worst scenario, I will need to spend 240 wishes. The most stupid thing I find about it is that the progress of these 3 gold wishes and the chosen weapon do not progress to the next banner, but resets. So I prefer not to mess with the weapon banner, it is hell. However, the 80-wish guaranteed prize actually does progress between the banners, so I wish on the weapon banner from time to time and see if I get lucky for something worthy

4 Likes

It’s collect, collect, collect… then wait for a good event and hit for what you need. I never go with 1 wish… always 10… it takes time to collect these so as the funds… build a reputation so you can get some extra items and find all boxes etc… or MONEY :joy:
There are quests for certain weapons also.

4 Likes

My problem is I can’t do any of the events without completing the main story quests. This game is getting boring and all it does is make me want to smoke and break shit that I can’t afford to replace. I’m still blocked out of the Serenitea Pot because I can’t beat the monsters in 55 seconds on Tianqiu Valley to get the last prisim. Trying to farm coin is dull and repetitive and it doesn’t matter how much I try to level up the weapons, talent, and character of Xiangling when all she does is become a whoresicle or gets stuck in a bubble taking five seconds to get free just to get caught in another bubble or become a whoresicle again. I’m going back to Skyrim.

4 Likes

@Tamkama, yeah, I’d say Genshin is about chill & collecting stuff, not rushing somewhere. Regarding the wishes, in Genshin it is not as in some other gacha games, where you get a guaranteed 4-star only if you pull for 10. You can pull 10 times 1 wish and get the same guaranteed 4-star when you hit the 10th wish. And if you got lucky and pulled the 4-star before the 10th guaranteed one, then the 10-wishes counter resets. Proven by time :+1: It is sometimes fun to pull by one when you have a lot of wishes gathered.

I think this system works as such because the main reason people wish is the 5-star characters, but the only consolation when you don’t get lucky is the 4-stars (because the blue wishes are 100% trash). So if the progress of the 10 wishes won’t save, it would be almost pointless to wish at all. In other gachas like Project Sekai for example, with time I get no benefits from getting the 4-stars, so I wish mainly because of the 5-stars, thus the 10-wish guaranteed counter doesn’t bother the player

3 Likes

Skyrim is great, but Genshin at least gets content updates haha :skull: If seriously, it’s hard to compare them. Genshin gameplay is greatly affected by MMO gameplay mechanics, so the grind and day-by-day progress make the basis of the game, and if you don’t get satisfied with the visuals, battle mechanics, music, story and etc. then nothing will justify the grind for you. Skyrim is full of straightforward and pleasant gameplay, but after beating it about 5 times to ~120 level (even beating all the quests and DLCs with my girlfriend in a buggy co-op mod!) with mods and without mods, it became boring. Waiting for a new game in the series

3 Likes

Starfall will get released eventually

3 Likes

Do you mean Starfield? Yeah, I hope that will be a good one. But I’m personally more of a fantasy-setting fan

3 Likes

Yup, starfield. I funked up. I say eventually because they have been talking about it coming out since I think 2018. They said the first quarter of 2023 but still no release date set and the first quarter ends March 31st

4 Likes

Mountain is done, valley is done so now I finally get to use my Serenitea Pot, someone joined me in co-op so they were able to beat down the ocenoid so that Barb could ascend.

5 Likes

Its still in my download q lol

2 Likes

Love it when a random joins and gives the free help.

2 Likes

Welp Bethesda take their time haha. TES6 was announced many years ago but we’ve got nothing yet if I’m not mistaken

2 Likes

The Oceanid is one of the most annoying bosses in the game. I’m glad no more characters require ascension materials from it…

2 Likes

Xingqiu needs ocenoid drops to ascend as well, so it’s not just Barb.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, from the new characters. Most of the bosses are made to ascend ~two characters (the first ones in the game are an exclusion). Can’t say the Oceanid is hard, its fight is long as hell and boring. But without a good archer and a good shielder, it may be problematic…

2 Likes

Decided to give it a serious try to the Genshin TCG. Must say it was fun! Got yesterday the max level and beat Timmy, victoriously eating his precious pigeons right after that. Sounds weird.

3 Likes

I didn’t really like the card game in the game. I did complete my second player ascension now I have to be over level 71 in order to do any bosses and quests so pretty much stuck unable to ascend any of my characters past level 60

4 Likes

Are either of the ice girls, in the wish right now any good?

4 Likes

Shenhe’s purpose from the game design side is only to support cryo DPS characters like Ayaka or Ganyu (there are no good 4-star cryo DPS characters), so she is really questionable if you ask me. And Ayaka is a pretty solid damager, but not the very best of them, I must say. Many people say she is good because of her burst, plus there is a great normal attack potential combined with hydro, but I myself know there are better DPS characters. I have both Ayaka and Shenhe from their first banners so I believe I know what I’m talking about. However, Ayaka is still one of the best DPS characters, so I’d pull for her if I was starting the game from scratch. The F2P sword from Inazuma suits her perfectly

5 Likes
3 Likes