Has anyone, (male, female, other) met And Started a relationship with somebody, Because of anime or manga? If you do let's hear it.... H3ll you could even put your close calls... We would all like to know

Ahhh so sweet…its crazy that a lil thing such as ( anime, vgames, manga)that we hold so dear Can become so powerfull, explosive,radiant, and so much BIGGER and so much MORE when you share it with some one, or even a group. Friendships and relationships are bonded from such things.

TY
LIZ for putting a place together for people like us.

4 Likes

I already wrote this in a thread, but I’ll put it here as well:

Something kind of funny that happened because of me being an anime fan is that I met my husband on a mobile app because of Hatsune Miku.

So, I’ll explain this one: my friend and I have been fans of Hatsune Miku for a while and we were able to go to one of her concerts in Texas a few years ago. While we were waiting in line to get into the place, there were people passing out flyers for a mobile game called ‘Unison League’. They had put Hatsune Miku as well as the other Vocaloids into the game and some really cool things you could get for your character.

So, when I got home from the concert, I downloaded the game right away and grinded SO much Miku stuff! Part of what you could do in the game was join chat rooms to chat with other players. This random guy (now my husband) walks up to me, we start talking, and the rest is history. XD

9 Likes

I read this the first time you wrote it…it was a bit longer …but Just as adorable thank you for sharing again…

4 Likes

Hehe this is so cute! I knew my boyfriend thru a friend and I never really thought he was attractive or anything. Our mutual friend kept saying that we should meet up because we are so similar and we could be great friends.

We set up a date all three of us to hang only to find our friend out of place because all we talked about is anime, blackpink, and video games.

we started calling each other up every day and playing online video games together little did we know we would be more than great friends. Lol

6 Likes

Nah… there are some funny stories but I wouldn’t call them close calls…

I’m quite slow when it comes to this dating thing… and being (somewhat) tall, I sometimes heard that “I’m scary” so there was hardly any interactions in this field for me XDDDD

5 Likes

There loss buttercup…

4 Likes

Sadly, most girls around me don’t like anything except shopping, traveling and watching crappy tv shows… :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Shoot I wish. Nobody wants to be with me lol.
All By Myself glee GIF

3 Likes

Hey man I just hiss at people when they get close lol

3 Likes

Yeah it is. And my days off I spend gaming and catching up on anime/manga

3 Likes

Vomit Barf GIF

3 Likes

Normal people are not ment to be around me lol

3 Likes

Normal isn’t normal.

3 Likes

lol if normal isnt normal then what is?!?

4 Likes

Who knows. Just know me. Well sometimes.

3 Likes

what you normal?

4 Likes

The Goonies Sloth GIF

3 Likes

LMFAOO Baby…Ruth

4 Likes

Rocky road!

4 Likes

I feel ya. But then again, I’ve never really had the confidence to try in that regard anyway.

4 Likes