Is there any popular anime you didn't like and why?

We all love anime. However there are times where I just didnt get the series’ hype for one reason or the the other.

Did that ever happen to you?

7 Likes

It’s One peace for me. I can’t handle the art/animation. Have no idea why.

7 Likes

I agree with @Tamkama … Still couldn’t get hang of that artwork while watching.

6 Likes

I remember the author saying that he “alway wamted to draw cartoons”. I guess the reason is dissonance, as One Piece is more of a saturday morning cartoon than a traditional anime

5 Likes

That could be the case. I liked cartoons as a kid a lot. I still laugh when I watch old Looney Tunes. The problem with One peace is the “art” itself. It looks like someone who does not know how to draw makes the manga. It’s just not my cup of tea.

4 Likes

One Piece never appealed to me as well. I can’t really point out a reason, it just never appealed to me despite its popularity. I will give it a try though.

4 Likes

O boy i may catch flack for this lol chainsaw man, I just dont see the hype

5 Likes

90% of CSM fans are hyped for what is to come in the second half of the show tbh

4 Likes

I tried… and I stopped… need to laugh. I’m done with gore, cutting, blood and a man with a chainsaw in his head :clown_face:.

4 Likes

I am watching Gantz: Zero on Netflix, is that ok or should I watch another version of it before?

4 Likes

There have been quite a few for me, but Chainsaw Man and One Piece are both on the list for me as well. I am not a big fan of lots of gore and blood for the most part but have some anime I still like even though they have a lot. I just can’t get into Chainsaw Man.
I can’t get into the silliness (my opionion after being unable to even finish the 2nd episode) and animation of One Piece.

4 Likes

I am also not a fan of the animation style

4 Likes

X.
I just didn’t care for it and how cruel it felt, with no real plot twists except everyone dies, and for no good reason. The villain turns bad because someone told him he’s the villain, betraying his nature before then. It’s just crap writing.

4 Likes

I will have to agree with most everyone as CSM is not my cup of tea and I like action but not a gore fest and As for One peace I could not get past the first episode as the art is bad and honestly, he just annoys me for some strange reason. I know there is another one but I can not think of it at this moment.

3 Likes

Naruto and DBZ make me hiss.

5 Likes

DBZ, slow pacing, 22 minute episode spends 7 minutes repeating last week, 7 minutes telling you about next week, and you get like 9 minutes of episode, but it never actually goes anywhere. I was in Junior High when it was airing, and watched it maybe twice a month and never felt like I missed an episode. And when I did watch an episode, it would be 6 minutes of Goku screaming a single scream…

5 Likes

Well, plot is going Subarashii all the way

4 Likes

I thought I was the only person that hates Naruto and DBZ until now.

4 Likes

You are not alone lol Don’t hate dbz but see its flaws but Naruto…don’t get me started

4 Likes

I don’t really hate DBZ the thing that irritates me is when will it end.

5 Likes