Learn Japanese together

Who would be interested in learning and talking in Japanese together?

8 Likes

That would be interesting. I always wanted to learn Japanese but was too lazy to start learning on my own. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, @Daidoji_Uji please feel free to open a Japanese learning Topic here, but refrain from promoting going to other communities on this forum. Please edit or delete this Topic, thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: -Liz :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Thank you Liz. Do we have a place on this forum to talk like in discord? So far im really enjoying it here and feel welcome.

5 Likes

I had audio tapes (a few decades ago :sweat_smile) as a kid and spent a lot of time trying to learn on my own. Writing to. But it just didn’t work well. You need to use it as often as possible to reach the point where you can speak any language.

5 Likes

I have been studying through Duolingo plus other grammar books here and there so I’d love to learn together you all!!:v::v:

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to learn for ages through apps, YT videos, and so on… but although I understand the explanation and get the exercises right, I can’t connect the dots in my head :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face: I’m always interested in a new chance to learn a new language, especially Japanese (if people are patient enough because I’m sort of a slow learner :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)

7 Likes

こんにちはみんな❗
Love this idea, specially with fellow Otaku Box members.

I’ve been learning and studying through a virtual course with a local Japanese community center.
Long story short, it’s been about a year and months learning in class. In conjuction, I use apps, websites, (Duolingo, Google Translate) [although, there are many out there], but I also used self-made flash cards and practice :writing_hand:. Our Sensei (先生) would say, “practice is key, I had to practice Kanji 100 times a day.”
Plus, listening to Japanese podcasts, music, watch dramas/movies, and anime of course (Subbed). Use social media to your advantage, I follow Japanese instructors, models, and cosplayers, they often have a few posts that are easy to follow.

The tools are there, you just need to really need to focus and continue on, but it won’t be easy! Otherwise, everyone would be doing it, right?!

がんばってくださいね😃

9 Likes

I had the same book and then I relaised I lost it when Imoved my house :pensive:

6 Likes

ME!!! I have been homeschooling myself by following a YouTuber who teaches Japanese! I would LOVE to ACTUALLY be able to practice! ^.^

7 Likes

@Daidoji_Uji You can chat or create a chatting Topic in the General category :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: -Liz :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

I spent some time in japan with my time in service so I learned a few words and phrases but its been almost 20 years since ive have someone to talk to so alot of it is lost

7 Likes

A Japanese friend of mine taught me a few simple words, but I have not practiced again for a long time :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s would be cool. Isn’t Japanese one of the hardest languages to learn?

5 Likes

I assume it’s hard as they have 3 ways of writing.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s true. Would be a challenge, and rewarding

5 Likes

Absolutely, I tried it a long time ago but never really had time to learn it.

5 Likes

I’ve actually been trying to learn Hawaiian through Duolingo. I do like a week on week off rotation.

6 Likes

I am using Drops to learn :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

What is drops?

5 Likes